Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

One guy using cheats to make their load time endless

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

One guy using cheats to make their load time endless

Post by piterskiy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Right now, he's sitting on blurry's, it was like 15 min and he's only at 15%. And he's not getting kicked or anything, please fix asap
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1629407079

P.S btw he's telling people to say he's the best to stop it lol
6 x

Pregnant
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Pregnant » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 pm

He's not the only one. Another played whose account is "wa7ch" and sometimes "Shadoo" likes to do this stuff as well. Both are incredibly toxic.
1 x

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by piterskiy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Pregnant wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 pm
He's not the only one. Another played whose account is "wa7ch" and sometimes "Shadoo" likes to do this stuff as well. Both are incredibly toxic.
that's the same guy, he's just changing nicknames
0 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:55 pm

I don't think that is a cheat, i think he is using a connection issue to troll people. It happened to me, you get stuck while loading the game usually at 80 or 90 percent you can still use the chat to communicate with others but the map would never load unless you leave the server.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Isn't this basically lag switching? You're not delaying packets to gain an advantage over an opponent but to mess with the map's loading instead. This isn't being achieved with a cracked client necessarily, lag switching software does exist.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:35 pm

Didn't know you could manipulate the loading like this by dropping net package. "Sigh" another stupid thing to worry about because... some just want to see the world burn.
7 x
Gurt

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by piterskiy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:19 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 pm
Isn't this basically lag switching? You're not delaying packets to gain an advantage over an opponent but to mess with the map's loading instead. This isn't being achieved with a cracked client necessarily, lag switching software does exist.
Maybe, but my and some people's theory is that he's using built-in cheat engine slow to slow his loading time. Also some people saw he's using infinite ammo, probably with cheat engine too.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I feel like a simple solution to this would be to add an auto kick feature that boots out anyone that takes more than X amount of time to load. For example, we have commands such as "max ping" and "max idle time" which automatically boot individuals that the server sees as unfit. It doesn't have to have a two minute cool down might I add.

Just a thought.
4 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst