Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Gamepads needs some miscellaneous functions key assignment to be allowed.

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Gamepads needs some miscellaneous functions key assignment to be allowed.

Post by Kawabanga » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Playing X360 pads is a bit problematic. Functions like change camera (\), vote next (space), scoreboard (tab) can't be assigned and used by gamepads. This is inconsistent with the idea of having a comfy play, because I still need a laptop on my knees to fully operate the game.

These gamepads have yet unassigned arrows (left, down, right) which could be used for the above functions. Also, I think that "start" button should open menu, but isn't working for some reason (I have original X360 controllers and "start" button works properly in other games).
Last edited by Kawabanga on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:32 pm

I think, making the game playable without having to reach keyboard, but operating gamepads only, would highly improve convenience of the gameplay.

(Sorry for double posting, couldn't edit)
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Some input devices needs to be configured in the key bindings menu first before being able to use them fully.
But we still have to implement ways to vote-to-continue and vote-on-next-map and show the scoreboard (as mentioned) using an input other than a keyboard. It's on our TODO list.
1 x
Gurt