Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

I am unable to utilize my down key

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jenkins5000
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jenkins5000
I am unable to utilize my down key

Post by Jenkins5000 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 am

During normal gameplay, I found myself unable to drop though thin platforms. At first I believed the issue was due to key binding, but I discovered I am able to go up and down ladders as if my down key was working normally. Any action associated with the down key, (which I have currently set to "s") besides going down ladders, has proven impossible. This is the only bug I have experienced, and I have tried in multiple versions of the game, including the most recent version as of this post, and have tried setting the down key to others on my keyboard. I am running Windows 10 and using a Geforce 650 gpu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this is a known issue.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:41 am

It doesn't seem like a PC issue. Neither game bug.

Are you site you know how to do it? To drop down through thin platforms you must press the down key two times fast.

Host a server for you and reduce the game speed ("/settime 0,3" for example) and test if you can drop through the platforms in this speed by pressing down two times rapidly.

If that doesn't solve your problem, take a screenshot of your game input, upload and post the link here. The down and crouch must be, as well, the same Key.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Sound like keyboard ghosting. https://www.microsoft.com/appliedscienc ... ained.mspx. Remap the keys for a better experience (or get a proper anti-ghosting keyboard).
1 x
Gurt

Jenkins5000
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jenkins5000
Post by Jenkins5000 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm

I have made a silly mistake. I did not realize that there was separate keybinding for crouching and and moving down. It should be noted however that in the tutorial the game prompted me to use my "s" key to drop down through platforms, despite it not being the correct key for that action (it should have said left ctrl) this, in part, was responsible for my misunderstanding. Thank you all for such quick responses, and apologies for my lack of perception.
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Jenkins5000 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm
I have made a silly mistake. I did not realize that there was separate keybinding for crouching and and moving down. It should be noted however that in the tutorial the game prompted me to use my "s" key to drop down through platforms, despite it not being the correct key for that action (it should have said left ctrl) this, in part, was responsible for my misunderstanding. Thank you all for such quick responses, and apologies for my lack of perception.
I can confirm that the tutorial shows the wrong keybinding on several places where crouching should be prompted. By default they are the same key. Changing it for the next update.
1 x
Gurt