Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Jump cancelling bug

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Jump cancelling bug

Post by Splinter » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:02 am

https://youtu.be/q6GKsDMxpZw

Sometimes when you jump over objects, your jump is kinda "cancelled", it looks like we hit the side of the object and it cancels or something. In case you're wondering, no, this doesn't happen because of player-player collision. It happens when no one is around too, but this is the only video I have of this bug.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:48 am

Not to mention that it happens in both host and client's screens, and I was having ping 1 (and you around 20) when we were trying to reproduce this bug that happens often (and can be a lot stubborn). I've been wondering if what causes this is exactly the box/crates we are jumping near (and we get back to the ground because of the box movement) or if it is related to the jump itself. Or if it is just related to the client side, like weapon range.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 am

Fixed for the release version.
This can be done in the map editor too. Finally figured out what caused it and the fix seem to be working fine.
3 x
Gurt