Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SOLVED] Walldiving + slamming is not counterable

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Re: Walldiving + slamming is not counterable

Post by Lunatic » Mon May 02, 2016 11:15 pm

I'd just do the tackle into wall with a caught player cooldown. Changing anything else would actually hurt the game's pacing - this just nerfs walldiving with players, which is the real issue at hand.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 am

Lunatic wrote:I'd just do the tackle into wall with a caught player cooldown. Changing anything else would actually hurt the game's pacing - this just nerfs walldiving with players, which is the real issue at hand.
[Failman] wrote:This I can understand but why did you add the second solution? The first solution solves the problem so why do we have to knee after dive attacking? Wouldn't this just harm the games pacing?
I'm assuming he was just offering an alternative to the first option. Implementing both would be an overkill. I'd like to have a cooldown between walldives with a grabbed player as well, it sounds like the optimal solution.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Just to clarify after some additional discussion with Hjarpe - the only adjustment we will make as a first step is the following:
"If you dive into a wall with a caught player the cooldown for your next available dive will be increased to prevent you from spamming dives."
If stunlocking with wall diving is still be a problem after that we will either increase the cooldown even more or adding the full kneeling.
1 x
Gurt

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu May 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Added to Pre-Alpha 1.9.0:
If you dive into a wall with a caught player the cooldown for your next available dive will be doubled to prevent you from spamming dives.
2 x
Gurt