Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Development roadmap and business plan (OLD)

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Re: Development roadmap and business plan

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am

In order to access the full online features you will need to login with your account (or possibly your steam account in the future). Connecting to some host's server will validate that you're logged in before the server accepts your connection (with optional password). You will be able to ban by account as well in the future. So you will be limited to what you can access if you pirate the game without having an account.
5 x
Gurt

Antwan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fighter (SPZ)
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Antwan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Really nice plan......I'll buy it for sure.
1 x
When I'm coming,YOU MOVE!!!!!!

Ortimh
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Alias: Unknown
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Post by Ortimh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 pm

NO! This will make 'em stinking rich. On the other hand, this is an amazing idea! Love the plan. As a fellow rookie game developer (I'm such a rookie) I agree to this 100%. Here are some suggestions:
  • The idea of having custom map editor in FREE is not good enough. Just lock it down only for PAID. FREE still can host a server but only the maps that are available to them.
  • PAID and FREE can still get the updates, but FREE must re-download entire game again (so in this case no installer for FREE, just portable) even for a really small fix, while PAID only download the requirements for the update.
  • Less customization items for FREE.
  • This is just a neutral suggestion, FREE can have the local multiplayer.
  • FREE can't play any custom map, just the default ones.
I'm just a poor guy so please, 5-8 Euros is even sound reasonable, so more sales incoming!
0 x

wolf0444
Meatbag
Started SFD: 2012

Post by wolf0444 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:44 am

Shut up and take my money!!!!!!!!!! $$$$$ XD
1 x

Sygmei
Meatbag

Post by Sygmei » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:14 am

I've being following you guys back when Superfighters was a super cool 2-player flash game, when I learnt the two guys who created Superfighters were doing a PC game, I was out I was super excited. Back then, there wasn't much players (but the small community was really cool though), nowadays there is much more people playing the game and that's really nice (even if there is more troll now).
If a paid version comes out, I'll definitively insta-buy, I spent way too much time playing for free with friends at parties.
*** THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY MY OWN OPINION ***
I don't really know what to think about the business plan, the community seems to be pretty young and most of the people won't be able to afford the game (cause no online purchases possible), if you split the community, you'll have the FREE version with mostly kids / young people (I guess) and newcomers (I hope young trolls won't make the newcomers run away :o), and the PAID version with mostly 18+ people so probably a more mature community.
Now, what is the FREE version for ? To attract newcomers ? To ensure the whole existing community will be able to play ? Both ?

Something possible would be to make a PAID time-limited version for FREE for newcomers (so they can test the game before purchasing and play with everyone) AND for the existing community which can't afford the game, something like contribution to community (Mods / Maps submission) and when they get enough upvotes, they get the game for free.
That way you have :
- A strong community (Mature AND Motivated young people)
- Something to attract newcomers
- Troll shield (Won't work against troll with money :/)

This is only my humble opinion, there's no perfect business plan, but I hope everything will be fine for you guys, good luck :D
2 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:47 am

They probably intend to sell the game so that they can get paid for their hard work. Just a guess from my part, don't accept it as fact or anything.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Elite Hunter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 am

Damn i just want to know if i pay for the beta how will it be free for me?
Last edited by Elite Hunter on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:11 am

Hjarpe wrote: Paid beta
Paying for the game during the beta means you will own it forever, and you will get all future updates for free even after the full version is released.
Can you read?
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Marston
Meatbag

Post by Marston » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:25 pm

All these kids whining about not buying. That is not a hefty price. I'd pay $60 to keep playing, especially with the coming added content. Great game, great work, keep it up.
2 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack

Post by Evilsack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 am

As long as the devs put their all into this game there will be no problems. Don't want this game to turn into DayZ....
Last edited by Evilsack on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
-Evilsack

jejodeca
Meatbag

Post by jejodeca » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Full version>???
What the hell will be ???
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack

Post by Evilsack » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:02 am

Damn is that fucked up. Anyway I'm guessing they're gonna do something along the lines of KAG where for the full version you pay like $10 but you get rewarded for it. For example more vanity items, premium servers, Gold Name, On the forums where it usually says fighter or Superfighter it may say Loyal Superfighter or some shit like that. Also you can play in experimental servers. Add on for the campaign and such. More colors to choose from etc. You may even decide to lock certain weapons for non paid players. You can also do server rentals. Where people who usually cant host can rent a server. You can do a 1 month full game trial for 4.99 or some shit like that. There's a wide range of possibilities. But don't get too greedy as there must be balance. Without good player base and caring and respectful devs a online game like sfd will crumble but without money and resources a game like this will also crumble. Don't get obsessed with the money. Not saying you shouldn't charge for the game, just saying that you shouldn't get too carried away. We don't want this to be a Pay2Win kinda game now do we?
0 x
-Evilsack

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Billy wrote:Wtf?!?! What country doesnt have online purcasing?
North corea?!
it's pronounced North Korea not North Corea. Stuff like that could start wars.

Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds:
Man, you guys are really greedy bastards.
Plus where is this money going to?(paying developers? just money laying around in a bank account for hackers to steal? all to Hjarpe? the poor?
where?
Last edited by KliPeH on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed double quoting.
2 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:51 pm

GreenyShark wrote: Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds:
Man, you guys are really greedy bastards.
Your Calling Them greedy bastards For Planning To Charge Money For a Game They Worked Very Hard To Develop , Even When They Offered a Free Demo too ?
GreenyShark wrote:Plus where is this money going to ?
That's Clearly Nothing Of Your business , They Can Do Whatever The Hell They Want With it , Seriously , You Totally Crossed The Lines With What You Said ...
3 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Plus where is this money going to? paying developers?
Spot on! Then we can buy food, pay rent, buy cloths, pay for the electricity and water. If we earn enough we can actually make it our living making games so we can work on this full time!
13 x
Gurt

Kyra
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Do your homework.
SFD Account: Howmork
SFD Alias: [JOY] Howmork
Started SFD: Around 1.2.0

Post by Kyra » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:45 am

DAMN $11.27... I dont have that kind of mula on me ;(... 12 year olds dont have power at all ;(... I cant get a job too young ;(... Cant even get a credit card ;(... BUT THIS PLAN THO EPIC I CANT WAIT FOR ACHIEVEMENTS ON GETTING CLOTHING (INTERESTED IN HAIR)... Life is unfair for those who are young ;(

Added in 2 minutes 53 seconds:
Are you accepting people who are good at programming, art, creating weapon textures??? I can totally help... I need a job to buy the game Shhhhh

Added in 6 minutes 55 seconds:
WAIT I dont have paypal UGH
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:00 am

$11.27 lol, will be kinda unfair here in Brazil, $11.27 its like R$30,00, everything looks expensive here, but with it I can buy one giant pizza with coca-cola xd

Of course I will buy this game, cause a like it a lot, but whatever, looks like a shot.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

ZeitgeistYoshiCity
Meatbag
Title: The Unknown
SFD Alias: ZEITGEIST
Started SFD: 2015

Post by ZeitgeistYoshiCity » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:21 pm

I MUST BUY IT NOW, NOT LATER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
OMG I love how SF raised in the last 3 Years. Im pretty hyped for Future Guys
0 x
"Dont put anything Stupid in the Signature" - Best Friend

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Ok wait ... if I buy the beta I get the full version? Everyone is just gonna buy the beta then, since its releasing earlier...(I mean the people who WILL buy)or maybe you could make the release (full)version cheaper(for suspense, ya know).I may or may not buy it, depends...but try and release the paid beta full version next year around Christmas guess you know why :mrgreen: ;)
But I think sfd deserves to be paid, what with all the effort the devs put in and all the cool features and all.So I guess they do deserve it, though originally I wasn't a big fan of this idea, now I am.
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Delton
Meatbag

Post by Delton » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:40 am

I Know I am not too Informed but why don't you try and put this on steam it would be not only more accessible it will also be more open and attract :lol: more people!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x