Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Big random symbols glitching on a black screen

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Amek747PL
Meatbag
SFD Alias: Amek
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Big random symbols glitching on a black screen

Post by Amek747PL » Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

I was playtesting a map made on a my server (using "Superfighters Deluxe Server.exe", not the in-game hosting option). Some time after I started playing (same time when I set up the server) - half an hour maybe? - my screen started glitching out, showing only big, white SFD font symbols. They were constantly changing. In the background, you could also see the shape of some of the solid tiles in the map.
I could fix it by Alt+Tab'ing, but then it would show up again after a while.
When I pressed escape, the symbols dissaperad, but some of the tiles were still glitched and the screen remained black. I couldn't make screenshots showing it, because they showed nothing (purple screen with random glitched spots), so I took some photos with my phone. They are available here. I had Spotify playing music in the background. Microsoft Word, Chrome and Discord were also running. I closed the game but then I tried to recreate it and record it with my phone but despite recording for 17 minutes nothing like that showed up again. Someone on Discord suggested it could be something with fullscreen.
0 x
Why am I Chopin?
Ok, so... here's my Steam.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri May 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Sounds and looks like a graphics driver related problem, something we can't fix.
Here's some general advice: Update your graphics driver. Restart your computer.
0 x
Gurt