Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

A tournament with a prize!

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
A tournament with a prize!

Post by Noble » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:21 pm

It's a very difficult and sensitive subject to be talked, I'm not thinking about it right now, it was my first idea before I created my first tournament. I appreciate if you read all the thread before commenting something.

The name seemed interesting? Well, a tournament with a prize also means that you will have to pay to enter, seems less interesting now? Let's see...

— Paid entry, you would pay to be in the tournament, surely me and the organizators would do a safe way to join the tournament and spend your money. This part is really hard to decide, the entry would be between 1 ~ 5 dollars, but how it will be done? And the most cool part...
— ...The prize, of course I do not intend to get not even a cent of this tournament, but the opposite of it, I want to contribute for making a more attractive prize (it would be not like a really good prize, but the point ins't the prize and if the first paid tournament works, the next would surely have better prizes).
— Organizators, helpers would help me to make a fair tournament, the last one was a really fast tournament, was pretty improvised, because of that of course had some failures, but the point is to have some organizators from each region to coordenate the tournament for everything goes well. I plan to do more regular tournaments, then I can see what 'failed' in the previous one, then I can improve the next one and thus make several changes in the rules.
— Fair guarantee. Since you have paid to be in the tournament, it must be the most fair possible, that's why I'm making that topic before doing anything, and that's why after discussed, I will make other thread to talk about the paid tournament itself. If people wish to contribute, the tournament certainly need to be extremely well organized, this explains the need for an organizer, only me alone can not organize everything to works perfectly, then it is completely necessary the help of other interested contributors.
— Specified regions, since ping issues and problems with internet connection, just players from these locations can join. People from high density of players locations until now. In several countries, a tournament with prizes simply would not work, but in Europe, North America and Brazil, due to a high number of interested players, a tournament would work quite well. As stated by the developers, play with a high ping is not cool and should not be done, that's why you can only fight players from really close to you, but after the tournament, the winners of each region can fight optionally.
— Solid tournament time, it would have rules for those who want to sign in according to his freetime. Something like "To be in the tournament, you must have time to play at night, two hours between 18:00 and 01:00 in at least three days of the week.", and have a flexible time (not mean you can't join if you have school and work, but as flexible, it means you can sacrifice some minutes of your sleep or dinner time, and if you share your computer, it also means that you can ask to more time on a day). Of course, what I wrote was an example, will have to be studied when a large mass of players have free time and all the rules will be cited before a player join. Thus, if all the players who are competing have free time at the same time, the tournament will flow.
— It is in Pre-Alpha Version, I see, I don't want to 'just make a paid tournament and that's all', I have plans to create successfully other ones on different categories (individual, doubles), then I can see if everything will work well, that's one of the reasons that I really need your collaboration. So, do you think the version and constant updates are a reason of the tournament not be done? I never understood why some players do not want to join a tournament in which you would have nothing to lose, shame, fear or something like that (I don't think so, but it's pretty necessary say that in my post)? Just simply don't like to participate? You know, we don't know what this game will be, but we are playing it in the very beginning, we are always saying things like "Oh... That version 1.?.? it was really fun, I want it back", and bugs? The game will always have some bugs! Ins't a reason since a lot of matches between clans and serious x1 are happening, this game is already totally playable!
— But why? The game would be paid in the future, this game is being updated and updated, we are collaborating for it since more than 4 years, some people really like to play this game and are confident about the skills acquired. I do not totally agree with this game being paid, not because I don't want to pay for it but because this game it's not just the best 2D shooter game (In a game event they said "Don't exist 2D good shooter games", and this makes me really mad), but because of it absolute competitive potential, this game it's just so powerful, and it must have the same competitive concept from moba or fps console games (not exactly that by the way) and my way to see if it would work is creating this tournament with a prize. I'm not just saying that, I saw a lot of games with tournaments and prizes with less players than this game, and that it's in Pre-Alpha!!! It surely would have a lot of players. I really think if this tournament works, the devs will can find a better way of getting money instead of a paid game with DLCs, and the game would be really competitive, better, but still with the same essence. Some guys will not agree with it, then, just make a review of the tournament idea.
— It's all that hard to pay? Most of the players of this game are dependent of their parents and less than 15 years old, I see, it's time to focusing the studies and their parents would not like to give money for something like that, I totally understand, but if you are a competitive player and want to participate, just ask few dollars for your parents and pay as billet, I think it's easy.

The topic it's probably not well-made, but my idea is to discuss everything about the possibility of a tournament like that happens, then I'm listening suggestions and I would discuss with you guys about it and my point. I really know a lot of guys that will like to participate, and others those think exactly like me, I'm just having the initiative, because I really lik--- no, I love this game and my friends here, and like you guys I want the best for it. I hope you guys will understand my point, if you want to contribute with me (want to be a organizer or something else), send me a PM.
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:44 pm

haha good joke
5 x
but in reality

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:52 pm

haha i wouldnt want to participate in an SFD tournament even if it was me who was getting paid
1 x

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:04 pm

you niggas ain't funny
3 x

Apocalyptic
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: bullet on target.
SFD Alias: |LPH| sexy chocolate
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0/May 2013

Post by Apocalyptic » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Well, that's a good idea.
1 ~ 5 Dollars? That's not so money, come on.
I support this.
0 x
The End is just the beginning.

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Gambling. I want this to never be a feature. I have my reasons.
4 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Juansero29
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Superfighter
SFD Account: Juansero29
SFD Alias: Juansero29
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.0.5

Post by Juansero29 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:41 pm

It sounds interesting, even though I find it really hard to be fair and to asure "equality" chances to all people willing to participate. I think this should be made when the game official version comes out. We cannot rely on just someone who wants to open a server for that region and it's also participating on the tournament. It's very difficult to make out. Any way, if you achieve it, I would like to, at least, record the tournament and make a sreies of YouTube vides :) That wouldn't be bad at all.
3 x

Code: Select all

boom() {
  echo "BOOM!";			
}
BOOM!
----------------------------------------
Setting the world free since 1998
----------------------------------------

Noble
Post by Noble » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:26 am

KliPeH wrote:haha i wouldnt want to participate in an SFD tournament even if it was me who was getting paid
Zyfex wrote:haha good joke
Hum, it seems this wouldn't be much supported, but it was my intention to know the general opinion about that after all, that's why creating a topic and discuss about something it's good.
Juansero29 wrote:It sounds interesting, even though I find it really hard to be fair and to asure "equality" chances to all people willing to participate. I think this should be made when the game official version comes out. We cannot rely on just someone who wants to open a server for that region and it's also participating on the tournament. It's very difficult to make out. Any way, if you achieve it, I would like to, at least, record the tournament and make a sreies of YouTube vides :) That wouldn't be bad at all.
Yes, that's actually a problem. And thanks for the feedback.

Some of you guys was confused about what I said, I do not intend to do tournament, not now at least, but to see how many people would contribute with it, their suggestions and also criticisms of those who don't want to/can't join that kind of event.
2 x
And I swore

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:15 am

How about if the prize would be a game of your choice from Steam with max price like... 7 dollars?
4 x
Decisions, decisions.

Noble
Post by Noble » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Scarface wrote:How about if the prize would be a game of your choice from Steam with max price like... 7 dollars?
Looks a good idea, if done, the first one should not have an entry fee, a prize to make it attractive and some players would sign in.
1 x
And I swore

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:33 am

"Paid entry, you would pay to be in the tournament, surely me and the organizators would do a safe way to join the tournament and spend your money." Why would I do that when I can just wait for the game to come out and pay for the game and enter a free tournament. I mean, I understand that you may not be rich and stuff but what's stopping me from going to Brawlhalla and entering a free tournament where the prize is $1000? But then again if there is money taking involved I would feel better if people like the devs would organise that so that the winner gets a small prize and the rest of the money would go to the devs sorta thing because there is nothing saying that you wont run away with the money and never show your face again.
2 x
-Evilsack