Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Was there a change in blocking?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Was there a change in blocking?

Post by RickAvory » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm

I few mates have mentioned to me how blocking is a lot quicker now, allowing for opponents to block every punch that goes there way. This seems to happen to every player no matter the ping. Was there a change at all that may have caused this?
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 am

See here. Between the Beta and Steam release version, an extra frame was added to the block animation, unless something was changed recently. I don’t recall seeing anything to do with this in any of the update changelogs.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 am

Pricey wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 am
See here. Between the Beta and Steam release version, an extra frame was added to the block animation, unless something was changed recently. I don’t recall seeing anything to do with this in any of the update changelogs.
I haven’t noticed it either, however a few others said they have noticed it happen a few weeks ago. Posted those for a friend
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:08 am

Pricey wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 am
It's important to point that the extra frame is just visual. The block timings haven't changed.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:59 pm

there was a change in melee. and it's annoying. the skill ceiling is as low as ever. it frustrates me. it infuriates me. that's sfd for you. good god.
1 x
-Evilsack

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Recent updates have not change blocking.

Locking this topic before it turns into another "Pre-alpha melee vs melee now" topic which has been brought up several times already. To quote myself:
Gurt wrote:We have no further plans to change the melee combat.

Majority of the changes (if not all) we have done up to the release of the game compared to the PRE-ALPHA (a game that is a work-in-progress and not representative of the final version of the game) when it comes to melee has been to address different issues and game-play exploits we never intended in earlier versions of the game. (Dolphin-diving, shotgun-kick-combos, abort-roll-abuse, etc...) Some changes have been subtle but necessary according to us to combat certain (advanced) exploitable melee-combo-patters we never intended. Play testing and feedback throughout the pre-alpha, alpha and beta has helped us make the decisions up to this point.
1 x
Gurt