Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Requesting Stickied Threads for this section of the Forum

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Elk
Meatbag
Title: Worst Melee Combatant Ever
SFD Account: Kimihro
SFD Alias: Elk, El Alce, Kimihro
Started SFD: since launch

Requesting Stickied Threads for this section of the Forum

Post by Elk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Sorry if I'm being a little forward, but I've been looking for places to discuss and watch discussion on the various combat and potential metagame features. Threads tend to die fast here or linger too long, and no one likes necroing threads so they'd rather make new ones, which leads to cyclical behavior of reposting existing topics.

I'd like easy to find discussions for the "Superfighter Deluxe" boards for, at the very least, Melee Combat, Primary Weapons, and Secondaries. The last two slots aren't unimportant but they are pretty straightforward.

Ideally the contributors to the discussion would discuss what their strategies are, what they like, what they dislike, and the viability of some weapons over others as well as the mentalities surrounding what makes a weapon favorable.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:57 pm

I don't personally think stickied discussion threads are necessary. If you feel the need to discuss a certain subject you can just create a new thread about it rather than posting in a generic "serious discussion" thread. You'd get more attention and perhaps more "in depth" posts that way. A good example for a failing generic thread is the Small Suggestions thread - a thread where each reply has nothing to do with the other, and it feels like good posts barely get any attention. It does fulfill its purpose, yes, but it fails "serious discussion"-wise. You don't get feedback from developers or other users, making conversation quite difficult to maintain. You never know if people like it or not or what their feelings about it are.

The only replies that do get attention are "controversial" posts, but if you already decided to write one you might as well create a whole thread about it ("why melee in SFD is lackluster", for example). Do make sure it doesn't break any forum rules in the process, though.
You're more than welcome to post your own strategy-discussion thread and request people to try and write serious replies/elaborate upon their strategies. We do have rules preventing shitposting so you're good to go ahead and try.
1 x

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:07 pm

ay why not give the international discord group a holla sometime. sure you'll find more wild n crazy cats there

besides you cant get banned from the forums there :)
2 x
but in reality

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:34 pm

I don't think the small suggestions thread is a failure, since people can now like posts in this new forum. I'm sure the devs read all of them, since they are generally 1-sentence short.

@Elk: from time to time, big posts discussing the meta-game and game mechanics show up, and they become obsolete as the game updates, so it's best to keep them separate. If there was one big post with these discussions, it would be a scary chaos.
1 x
Hold your breath.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:10 pm

I think generic topics work better for throwing out small ideas that don't necessarily require lengthy discussions, like the small suggestions / customization item suggestion threads. As Splinter says, we do read all of those, and people can respond to suggestions by liking or disliking them.
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.