Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Issue with New Survival Mode

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Issue with New Survival Mode

Post by RickAvory » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm

The new survival mode introduced in Beta v.1.0.0 is a really fun game mode. However, one aspect that makes it better is the competition.

An issue though with the competition aspect is the use of cheats to alter the score, like Infinate health, and giving items. This is annoying for the people that do it legitimately.

Examples like these...

Are presumed to be fake

However, we will never know with no proof.

A score I legitimately got was this...Which i though was very good.

I understand that with IH on, the zombies don't die. However i have tested it and an Easy work around is just to give yourself a bazooka and infinite ammo and it will kill them with a direct hit.

I am not saying to outright prevent cheats in a Game, however I have a few ideas.

1. Whenever someone enters a command like /ih or /ia or /give me etc etc. when the game is over it will say "Cheat!" similar to how in Portal during the timed sections did.

2. Make it so that if there is infinite health, there is an infinite amount of zombies that come out, the wave never ends.

3. Make it clear in the chat that a command was used. For example, someone can sneak a /give command while in the loading screen and it will not say that they were given anything, if the command was shown in the chat this can be disproved by people viewing the game.

Hope these ideas are given some thought by the devs. I would appreciate it.
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Moved this to the suggestion topic (Don't know why this is in the bugs section).
his is annoying for the people that do it legitimately.
You can always manipulate an image outside of SFD if you want showing a score of one quantillion-zillion on wave 9999. That's obviously fake. Reaching wave 271 without some sort of scripts or cheat seem unlikely. If you look closely behind the "O" and "E" in the "SCORE" text you can see it's missing the background of the tower. It looks like the image is manipulated but I don't know for sure. Reaching wave 271 should take at least 4.5 hours if playing fair.

We never intended the survival map as a competitive tool to measure and compare one self to another based on the final score. If someone is having fun playing the survival map with some script or cheats that manipulates the vanilla rules of the map then go ahead.

We could show an asterisk ( * ) next to the score if any commands or extensionscript has been used for other players in the server to see but that's about it.
4 x
Gurt

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm

It's a little redundant to ask but yeah, it would be neat to have something like that happen to indicate the player is using scripts/has given themselves items or activated cheats of some kind. A friend of mine told me that they could easily make a script that would kill anything that wasn't on team 1, so
I could just leave the game running for a few hours and have the best score ever. Having something to indicate that a player got a score with no external help would be great for players aiming for the highest score/wave possible, would ignite some good competition in people too.
3 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm
It's a little redundant to ask but yeah, it would be neat to have something like that happen to indicate the player is using scripts/has given themselves items or activated cheats of some kind. A friend of mine told me that they could easily make a script that would kill anything that wasn't on team 1, so
I could just leave the game running for a few hours and have the best score ever. Having something to indicate that a player got a score with no external help would be great for players aiming for the highest score/wave possible, would ignite some good competition in people too.
An anti cheat script that listens on ammo usage, commands issued, active scripts, etc., could be the simpler solution, like an endless wave, like RickAvory said, or a wave reset.
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 pm
Moved this to the suggestion topic (Don't know why this is in the bugs section).
You can always manipulate an image outside of SFD if you want showing a score of one quantillion-zillion on wave 9999. That's obviously fake. Reaching wave 271 without some sort of scripts or cheat seem unlikely. If you look closely behind the "O" and "E" in the "SCORE" text you can see it's missing the background of the tower. It looks like the image is manipulated but I don't know for sure. Reaching wave 271 should take at least 4.5 hours if playing fair.

We never intended the survival map as a competitive tool to measure and compare one self to another based on the final score. If someone is having fun playing the survival map with some script or cheats that manipulates the vanilla rules of the map then go ahead.

We could show an asterisk ( * ) next to the score if any commands or extension script has been used for other players in the server to see but that's about it.
Yes, exactly what I think is the best idea, I understand that their was no competitive aspect intended however I feel that if we have pages like these
https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... f=8&t=2295, are completely ruined by the exploit.

(I put it in Problems and Exploits because I felt that it was an exploit manipulating the score like that lol,)
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Players would still be able to edit pictures on paint or photoshop, faking scores. So, the only real way to avoid cheats would be to make an online scoreboard, like in Superfighters survival in www.y8.com, and only allowing to post scores if no scripts or game commands were used. But maybe this should be left for the future.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 am

I posted this somewhere but let me repeat.

I once had read a really good novel. It's about a mysterious and unexplored dungeon, at the center of a medieval-like city in a fantasy world. The deepest floor ever reached was 50 and nobody knows what is waiting for them after that. Unknown beasts and bosses? Strange ambiences? Many adventurers would test their lucks going there and some would never come back.

Only the strongest would go together, after organizing themselves and getting ready to spend days, weeks or even months inside of it, will they be able to reach an even better result than before?

This way to think, it's already how some are seeing this mode, they are competitively (or not) preparing their teams, plans and equipments into going inside this unexplored dungeon. Can they survive for long in those infinite waves? Will they succeed and go back home with stories to tell? I think that's something really pure, accomplishing and amazing I barely have words to explain, and I think it's something that can be availed, an huge benefit for the game. Not a way to measure or compare the players, something like that will never define someone, If there's a way to tell who's playing legitimately and/or scoreboards this would surely boost the players curiosity and will to play the game!

I can't wait to see what more is coming for the Survival mode and Zombie Nightmare map! Mainly if this my comment is taken in advantage or this way to think in consideration!
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 pm

We could show an asterisk ( * ) next to the score if any commands or extensionscript has been used for other players in the server to see but that's about it.
Just remove commands off survival mode plz
I hate playing unfair even against AI
0 x