Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

"Ragdoll"

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
aBraM
Fighter
Fighter

"Ragdoll"

Post by aBraM » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:38 pm

I want to have the ability to press a button x maybe?
and have my player fall on his face or on his back.. this way I could backflip if I run fast
and jump for a high area and I'll be able to jump straight into small areas without rolling for hours
0 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 pm

aBraM wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:38 pm
and have my player fall on his face or on his back.. this way I could backflip if I run fast
and jump for a high area and I'll be able to jump straight into small areas without rolling for hours
More details, like photos, gifs, this don't explain nothing..
0 x
Just me The Predator!

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Shark wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 pm
aBraM wrote:
Basically what he is referring to is when you press the “x” button you lose control of your charecter. You become a rag doll and simply just fall. This is a feature on a couple games. One example I can think of is GTA V where when you jump you can press the “b” button on your controller (I believe) and you will lose control of you body and land on your face.

https://youtu.be/-wTYyYrbPOU
Here is a video of a kid explaining how to do it. At around 0:52 he does it. He jumps then presses the circle button (for PlayStation) and he does an odd flopping motion. This isn’t really the best example for a game like Superfighters which is 2D, however it makes sense when you think about how the player ragdolls from falling off a high high let anyways. This feature would just simply enable that rag doll earlier than usual.
aBraM wrote:
this way I could backflip if I run fast
I have no idea what the OP is referring to here. Maybe by backflip he means when he jumps he will rag doll in circles making him back flip?

When you say not rolling for hours do you mean the roll that occurs right after a dive? Well I mean, if you want to combat that roll than just don’t dive I guess. For whatever reason you don’t want that roll (I don’t know why you wouldn’t) than you would have to trade off some fall damage. There is no way the devs would add a feature where you become impervious to fall damage just from rag dolling. That is what dives are already for.

Hence, if you really want a rag dolling feature like the one displayed in GTA V, be my guest, it seems pretty irrelevant to me that you start your falling animation early and doesn’t really serve as anything other than some odd gameplay feature. Things start to get a tad tricky if you want ragdolling when on your feet, since this can allow for people to go prone which may cause people to just hide in places like air vents or under low barrels etc. That may actually offer some good gameplay features however if done correctly. The ability to go prone can be useful for people who are in a situation where there is only a knocked over barrel for cover. If done right this feature could actually be useful.
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Unreal Tournament 3 had a feign death button that just force-ragdolls you until you input movement. It served no real purpose in that setting but it was entertaining to flop around and maybe even trick a newer player.

A feign death in SFD would actually be interesting since it'd open some avenues for silly plays. Find yourself being focused early into a match without a weapon? Let him get a few hits in and play dead until he focuses on another player. Any issues with stuff like a player stalling at the end wouldn't be as much of an issue when the dynamic camera suddenly focuses the screen between you and a suspicious looking 'corpse'.

As for bot interactions, their 'difficulty' would obviously factor into how they react. A simple grunt will ignore the downed player while an expert setting will just shoot you while you're on the ground.
0 x
hello yes

aBraM
Fighter
Fighter

Post by aBraM » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:07 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:21 pm
Shark wrote:
aBraM wrote:
Basically what he is referring to is when you press the “x” button you lose control of your charecter. You become a rag doll and simply just fall. This is a feature on a couple games. One example I can think of is GTA V where when you jump you can press the “b” button on your controller (I believe) and you will lose control of you body and land on your face.

Here is a video of a kid explaining how to do it. At around 0:52 he does it. He jumps then presses the circle button (for PlayStation) and he does an odd flopping motion. This isn’t really the best example for a game like Superfighters which is 2D, however it makes sense when you think about how the player ragdolls from falling off a high high let anyways. This feature would just simply enable that rag doll earlier than usual.
aBraM wrote:
I have no idea what the OP is referring to here. Maybe by backflip he means when he jumps he will rag doll in circles making him back flip?

When you say not rolling for hours do you mean the roll that occurs right after a dive? Well I mean, if you want to combat that roll than just don’t dive I guess. For whatever reason you don’t want that roll (I don’t know why you wouldn’t) than you would have to trade off some fall damage. There is no way the devs would add a feature where you become impervious to fall damage just from rag dolling. That is what dives are already for.

Hence, if you really want a rag dolling feature like the one displayed in GTA V, be my guest, it seems pretty irrelevant to me that you start your falling animation early and doesn’t really serve as anything other than some odd gameplay feature. Things start to get a tad tricky if you want ragdolling when on your feet, since this can allow for people to go prone which may cause people to just hide in places like air vents or under low barrels etc. That may actually offer some good gameplay features however if done correctly. The ability to go prone can be useful for people who are in a situation where there is only a knocked over barrel for cover. If done right this feature could actually be useful.
Hey! thank you for replying!
Sorry for being blurry with my writing but I meant just what you said!
If you run and jump from a tall building having the ability to make flips ..
I recommend you to check the browser game Plasma Burst 2 -
My inspiration is from there . In the game you can press x in multiplayer and you really
get to use ragdoll as a tactic there..
0 x

Heapons
Meatbag
SFD Account: Heapons
SFD Alias: Heapons
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Heapons » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 pm

In a nutshell, fake deaths
0 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm

aBraM wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:07 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Shark wrote:

aBraM wrote:

My inspiration is from there . In the game you can press x in multiplayer and you really
I WAS THINKNIG THE SAME THING! I was thinking about how you can do that in plasma burst 2 I used to play it a lot. I would like the idea of rag dolling, plus it would give you the ability to HIDE and PLAY DEAD like a NINJA! it would add a lot more strategies to the mix making the game a lot more mix and match. I like it
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm
aBraM wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:07 pm
RickAvory wrote:

I WAS THINKNIG THE SAME THING! I was thinking about how you can do that in plasma burst 2 I used to play it a lot. I would like the idea of rag dolling, plus it would give you the ability to HIDE and PLAY DEAD like a NINJA! it would add a lot more strategies to the mix making the game a lot more mix and match. I like it
Holy crap that was the game i was thinking about however I completely forgot what it was called. Thank you for finally getting it back into my head. That is a good example for what I was saying. They basically just fall on their face lol.
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am

Yeah or you could use the fake death script:
http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/small ... 9-1-0-3645
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 pm

This would be useless and misleading, this domain is for the scripters, not for the vanilla game imo, but if it was to be implemented there should be an option to turn it off, but why have that when scripts exist?

And if you really wanna flip around, here's a good script
http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/small ... 9#comments
Off Topic
Motto73 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am
Really? You had shamelessly plug your script? Atleast I'm more subtle when it comes to my plugs.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:32 pm

StarNord wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 pm
This would be useless and misleading, this domain is for the scripters, not for the vanilla game imo, but if it was to be implemented there should be an option to turn it off, but why have that when scripts exist?

And if you really wanna flip around, here's a good script
http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/small ... 9#comments
Off Topic
Motto73 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am
Really? You had shamelessly plug your script? Atleast I'm more subtle when it comes to my plugs.
I bloody knew there was a script like this. Never really looked for it though. Maybe you can try that out buddy, no need to even ask.
0 x