Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New move: Quick Steal

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
New move: Quick Steal

Post by Katrtlen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:49 am

The move might seem to be nothing special but im sure it can help fighter a lot during match.

When enemy dies, it will drop it's items after death animation ends. Every random animation has it's own length as well it depends on environment.

Quick steal is about taking one certain weapon from enemy instantly right after it dies without need for picking it up. This can be very useful in certain situations eg. one player got bazooka so rest of server players rushed for it, that player got killed and now it's hard to pick-up the bazooka in such chaos without getting hurt a lot.

Now, here's the slightly challenging key combination to perform quick steal: When enemy died due to your MELEE (killing with guns won't work and that prevents movement overuse), you have 0.25 second to tap grab key and slot number for weapon you want at the same time. When enemy had something in this slot and you did it correctly, you'll get the weapon into your inventory with it's slot selected.
0 x
Green buttons are good

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:18 pm

This seems like a very peculiar mechanic that I can’t really wrap my head around. I feel like it would complicate things that don’t need to be complicated.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm pretty sure there was something similar unless my memory fails me. this makes uh no sense and will contribute nothing to gameplay that isn't broken a shit ton anyway. although it makes no sense I can see why you'd want it implemented, it makes killing people slightly more efficient
0 x
-Evilsack

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 am

Having a steal attack for living players is already on my wishlist. I see what you're asking for but this is rather complicated due to input and timing for a simple task and is not really necessary.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)