Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

A very small nerf to the chainsaw.

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
A very small nerf to the chainsaw.

Post by mgtr14 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Before I say anything else: Yes, I know it's a power weapon designed to make opponents NOT want to fight you. My suggestion still align with that.

As the chainsaw is right now, it's way too powerful. The range is long and you can rev it while walking, if you're caught then you're dead.
I think this is too much, someone with a chainsaw is impossible to get past and if that's your only way then you're not gonna survive.
Why is escape impossible? Because each hit stuns you, and the only break you get is a short stun immunity that ends way too quickly.

My suggestion is to add a swing move in the beginning of an attack, and that swing will be the only attack that stuns the opponent.
You will swing and then the chainsaw will turn on, IMO nothing else other than the swing should stun.
You can walk while swinging, and there is a very small cooldown before you can swing again. Keep sawing through the opponent in the meantime.
This swing can be blocked too, but you can still tear into your opponent thereafter if you decide to hold on.

This will make it harder to be caught in the first place by atleast a little, but it's still inescapable if you're caught and the opponent times his swings properly thereafter. While this may be minor, I think it'll help since the chainsaw won't have a huge constant "death" box infront of it at all times. It'll still be inescapable if you're caught, but it'll be just a little harder to be caught in the first place.
8 x
Shut up bitch!!

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:44 pm

What if pressing the attack button would do a normal 3-hit stun attack, but holding the attack button would turn on the chainsaw? In my opinion, the chainsaw's gasoline shouldn't be its durability.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 am

There should definitely be less of a hit stun and more space to attack, Because in real life, Anyone could easily react to a chainsaw impaling them.
So genetically modified Fighters should be able to resist more.
2 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 am

Im gonna chime in with my own suggestion: How about instead of chainsaw taking your melee weapon slot, why not have it take your main weapon slot? So it wouldn't atleast be possible to have like a chainsaw and a zooka or gl, shotgun or something ridiculous like that.
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:22 am

GreenyShark wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 am
There should definitely be less of a hit stun and more space to attack, Because in real life, Anyone could easily react to a chainsaw impaling them.
Ah. I'll take your word for it.

I'm not into nerfing the chainsaw, I feel the level of power you have (against other players and bot enemies like zombies) is appropriate. It's supposed to make people not want to engage you in close combat unless they have a damn good plan. For the next update we've lowered its spawn chance by a small degree however, since it was slightly above the other power weapons (bazooka, grenade launcher). Now it's slightly lower than those, making it the rarest weapon in Versus.
4 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Maybe instead of nerfing the the chainsaw’s stunning capabilities why don’t we allow the defensive player to have more options of defending it. Maybe throwing a chair leg at an active chain saw can jam it for a few seconds and take some durrablilty from it. Maybe hitting it with a chain could jam it completely.

Just a thought.
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:29 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 pm
Maybe instead of nerfing the the chainsaw’s stunning capabilities why don’t we allow the defensive player to have more options of defending it. Maybe throwing a chair leg at an active chain saw can jam it for a few seconds and take some durrablilty from it. Maybe hitting it with a chain could jam it completely.

Just a thought.
thb i think this is the best move if their gonna do anything to the chainsaw, throwing things in it jams it giving you time to either get the heck out of there or tear the enemy to shreds. i vote this idea cuz the chainsaw still should completely destroy a person if they get caught in it.
0 x