Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

A Way To Block Arrows

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

A Way To Block Arrows

Post by hyper copter » Thu May 23, 2019 3:27 am

When I first saw bows in this game, I thought I could block their arrows. And I am certain that most of us thought of that too. So I thought why wouldn't arrows be blockable?
After thinking about it, I remembered that the player who activates the slo-mo power-up gains a speed advantage; But it was never really noticeable. It sometimes feels like by activating the slo-mo power-up, You're helping your enemies as well.
So I thought that activating slo-mo never really had a noticeable advantage for the activator. So I thought that the activator should have an advantage as well as all the other power-ups; Why not give the activator the ability to block arrows?

Alternatively, Speed boosts.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Account: Le Mat
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am

You could block arrows without slo-mo as well. You just need some good reflexes.
2 x
scary monsters
super creeps
keep me running
running and zooming into die

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am

Sh4d0w wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am
You could block arrows without slo-mo as well. You just need some good reflexes.
Yeah. It's actually really hard to block them, i have good reflexes and sometimes i can't even seem to block them. I find blocking them easier if you crouch the same time, Because sometimes even if you think you got the block just right the arrow just sort of hits you. I guess its because it's a pretty fast projectile and it can look like you blocked it, i don't know.
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am
Sh4d0w wrote:
Yeah. It's actually really hard to block them, I have good reflexes and sometimes I can't even seem to block them. I find blocking them easier if you crouch the same time, Because sometimes even if you think you got the block just right the arrow just sort of hits you. I guess it because it's a pretty fast projectile and it can look like you blocked it, I don't know.
I meant being able to block 'em with your hands, No weapons.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once''
- Andrew B. Sweger

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am
Sh4d0w wrote:
Yeah. It's actually really hard to block them, I have good reflexes and sometimes I can't even seem to block them. I find blocking them easier if you crouch the same time, Because sometimes even if you think you got the block just right the arrow just sort of hits you. I guess it because it's a pretty fast projectile and it can look like you blocked it, I don't know.
I meant being able to block 'em with your hands, No weapons.
Oh, well that's quite frankly pretty dumb to me.
1 x