Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by StarNord » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 pm
new Sheathing animation

The current climate with throws makes it unfair if you'll have to waste a precious second just to sheathe the weapon after blocking a throw.

It'll have to be optional, and activated by holding the sheathe button(instead of tapping, which'll sheathe it instantly), and it could exist as a "cool" feature like the walk but, in my opinion, it'd be alot cooler if it was slower and with a sliding sound as it slowly sheathes into the holster.
4 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 pm

StarNord wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 pm
new Sheathing animation

The current climate with throws makes it unfair if you'll have to waste a precious second just to sheathe the weapon after blocking a throw.

It'll have to be optional, and activated by holding the sheathe button(instead of tapping, which'll sheathe it instantly), and it could exist as a "cool" feature like the walk but, in my opinion, it'd be alot cooler if it was slower and with a sliding sound as it slowly sheathes into the holster.
but it add more reality in the game..that not is much real, the normal the weapons disappears and appears in your back
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Well it's a nice thing the gif above ^ (won't quote it tho). It could be placed in the game if devs wish, but optional isn't a thing, waiting some seconds to sheathe too. But the animation could exist and could be cancelled if character moves or do anything else, no need to anything else.
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 am

That animation looks good, tho
3 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Post by jlo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 am

maybe add like a bow and arrow or crossbow
maybe add like mode where u can attack people using ur weapons so if i was out of ammo guns useless i can just hit like F for example and im in attack mode then i use A + S and you will hit them with the weapon
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 am

A mechanic where if you block an incoming thrown weapon, you can throw it right back to the sender by double-tapping the block button, this will not require aim, and will throw it directly back at the sender, even while mid-air.

My reason to see this implemented is because, getting hit or even blocking a thrown weapon can still set you up for a grab, this mechanic will make it that you can still counter this exploit and to see a cool new mechanic be implemented :D
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Fri May 04, 2018 4:03 pm

StarNord wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 am
A mechanic where if you block an incoming thrown weapon, you can throw it right back to the sender by double-tapping the block button, this will not require aim, and will throw it directly back at the sender, even while mid-air.

My reason to see this implemented is because, getting hit or even blocking a thrown weapon can still set you up for a grab, this mechanic will make it that you can still counter this exploit and to see a cool new mechanic be implemented :D
sure the idea is cool, but it would nonetheless, completely kill the throw, which i would love btw.

Also i just came upon an idea that would really be useful: Ques. If a server is full, instead of waiting in ignorance or spamming enter, it would place you in a que if you tried to join. Who tries to join first ends up at the start of the line and etc. And if possible, would notify you when a spot is empty.
2 x

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm

I suggest adding "Throw range" as a modifier, as players with different sizes would be able to throw objects and other players according to their sizes.

Another one would be "player weight", kind of a counter to the previous one, making the player Heavier/Lighter to adapt to his size.

Another suggestion for an item is a one-handed "Heavy hammer" , https://goo.gl/images/Ev1QFP

And a Two-Handed "Sledgehammer", https://goo.gl/images/ptVi4m

Which is basicly a longer version of the heavy hammer.
4 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Oreo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 am
I think it would be nice to be able to add more categories to the maps when hosting instead of just versus downloaded and versus official, there should be a way for the user to create its own set of maps. For example, the host may want to only host capture the flag maps, so he should be able to use possibly a folder called CTF maps and make it so that only those maps are available to play. Someone please correct me if this is already possible.
See https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... f=8&t=2396 to setup your own set of maps.
0 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 pm

Just wanted to ask Hjarpe about adding new BG wall with shadow angled like this concrete.
The reason why i didn't posted it on map editor ideas? I think because this is really small suggestion.
5 x
-Content-maker.

Oof Boi
Meatbag
SFD Account: DaddyOof
SFD Alias: DaddyOof
Started SFD: Beta v.1.0.2c
Post by Oof Boi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 pm

I think that water zones like the one in high moon should put out fire. Its very annoying to die from fire while inside a water zone.
6 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Pistols are decent and well balanced but only good at shooting explosives or weak spots,Lets not forget a 5hp trying to get away.For me
i always get discouraged when hacking a box and getting a pistol,it could do Way better if we can ride 2 together.Something like this has alredy been suggested here before,i say..
2-handed pistol would mingle well with the theme it is lacking,there is nothing special modes for the weapons for now,well lets try to begin with pistols and double the power!

A star mark or an indication for Special weapon equipped?

Drawing and shooting Animation could be the same the game currently has while visualizing 2 in the grips.But for reload i was thinking about throwing the duo in air like... :D
Last edited by Tom Th3 Assasin on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:41 am

I think SFD should have injured sprites like the original SF, it feels weird that players are jumping all over the place taking damage and bleeding all over the place but not showing too many forms of injury. In the original SF when you took too much damage the game would make sure you know how deep in shit you were, not like in SFD where you only see tiny bits of blood coming out the player. Maybe the players could also lose color when they take too damage to help make the atmosphere tenser?
9 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

psychotherapist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: psychotherapist
SFD Alias: krameraad
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.8

Post by psychotherapist » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Currently, players do not move with ladders if they are set as dynamic, and will fall off if the ladder moves to fast. I don't know if this is intentional or not, because it looks bugged, but maybe it just wasn't a priority to program that while you were coding the ladder climbing action?

I suggest you reconsider, because it would add a new interesting movement option for singleplayer and multiplayer maps. I really like the platforming element of this game (I'm definitely going to make a lot of parkour maps when campaigns are released).
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 pm

psychotherapist wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm
Currently, players do not move with ladders if they are set as dynamic, and will fall off if the ladder moves to fast. I don't know if this is intentional or not, because it looks bugged, but maybe it just wasn't a priority to program that while you were coding the ladder climbing action?

I suggest you reconsider, because it would add a new interesting movement option for singleplayer and multiplayer maps. I really like the platforming element of this game (I'm definitely going to make a lot of parkour maps when campaigns are released).
Implementation limitation: any ladder assumes to be straight down and fixed rotation for the climbing to work as intended. Don't expect ladders to work as expected as dynamic objects any time soon.
0 x
Gurt

psychotherapist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: psychotherapist
SFD Alias: krameraad
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.8

Post by psychotherapist » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Gurt wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 pm
Implementation limitation: any ladder assumes to be straight down and fixed rotation for the climbing to work as intended. Don't expect ladders to work as expected as dynamic objects any time soon.
Ah that sucks. But is it not possible to at least add in translation? I understand if players changing orientation with ladders would be hard to get working correctly, but maybe simply applying the speed of the ladder object to the player holding on and leaving it at that (just keep players oriented up regardless of rotational movement) would be a good enough compromise.
I'd compare it to an object welded to a ladder, but remaining in upright orientation no matter how the ladder rotates.

Then again, I don't know much about programming and players are of course completely different than normal tiles, so I might be making it out to be easier than it really is!
0 x

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 am

I love the title screen music, im hoping for some gameplay music at some point perhaps? Get a full soundtrack going.
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:38 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 am
I love the title screen music, im hoping for some gameplay music at some point perhaps? Get a full soundtrack going.
Let's just say our friend Splinter hasn't been idle in this regard!
2 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:38 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 am
Let's just say our friend Splinter hasn't been idle in this regard!
That's what im talking about. @Splinter Makes some really awesome tracks, i would actually pay for a soundtrack bundle for sfd
2 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:19 pm

There should be different flags instead of just the American flag. The thought just came to me while playing on a custom map, kept wondering why there was an American flag in one building but no russian flag on the other side, then I checked map editor and I got my answer a shortage on flags.
3 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)