Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by M_M_M » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Make it so swapping out a weapon for another just throws the currently equipped weapon on the ground instead of deleting it. Always seemed a bit cheesy that you could flat-out deny weapons to others by quickly dropping your own, equipping the new weapon, and then re-equipping your own to make it vanish.
1 x
hello yes

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:54 pm

M_M_M wrote:Make it so swapping out a weapon for another just throws the currently equipped weapon on the ground instead of deleting it. Always seemed a bit cheesy that you could flat-out deny weapons to others by quickly dropping your own, equipping the new weapon, and then re-equipping your own to make it vanish.
This could fit into its own topic.
We actually have plans to change it as you describe. Any weapon you currently have will be dropped instead of destroyed. With the throwing in place you can always throw away items you don't want your opponent to grab. So it goes hand-in-hand with that. Grabbing the same weapon will probably be like now that you grab the ammo.
2 x
Gurt

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:47 am

If a new thread is made I'll disagree with it there too. Denying weapons is huge in SFD, not being able to do so would lower the skill ceiling of the game. The advantage of having gear while your opponent does not is obvious; that's the reward a player gets for quickly removing a threat from play. It also means players need to micromanage if they plan to have a stockpile going, making sure they drop other gear before using new gear. If it all just drops at your feet then there's no tactical depth to being near multiple weapons of the same class; there's no reason to try to deny your opponent weapons. If a bazooka appears and I have a Tommy Gun, obviously the Tommy isn't a bad weapon to have still. Dropping my tommy for a zook and then having someone pick it up puts me at huge risk. I already grabbed the big danger zone, why should someone still benefit from that?
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 am

Lunatic wrote:If a new thread is made I'll disagree with it there too. Denying weapons is huge in SFD, not being able to do so would lower the skill ceiling of the game. The advantage of having gear while your opponent does not is obvious; that's the reward a player gets for quickly removing a threat from play. It also means players need to micromanage if they plan to have a stockpile going, making sure they drop other gear before using new gear. If it all just drops at your feet then there's no tactical depth to being near multiple weapons of the same class; there's no reason to try to deny your opponent weapons. If a bazooka appears and I have a Tommy Gun, obviously the Tommy isn't a bad weapon to have still. Dropping my tommy for a zook and then having someone pick it up puts me at huge risk. I already grabbed the big danger zone, why should someone still benefit from that?
If you want to deny people weapons it should be slightly more difficult than picking it up and then picking up another weapon to make it vanish. Throw your weapon somewhere more difficult to reach, take the time to empty the clip so it despawns instead of sitting there, or just go with the potential risk of someone picking up the weapon you dropped in favor of a more powerful weapon.
0 x
hello yes

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:49 am

Suggestion: Ability to throw dead bodies.

About denying weapons, I agree with Gurt. We already have throw system and we can throw a weapon away if we don't want our opponent to pick it up. By the way, your weapon automatically dissapears when dropped if it doesn't have any ammo in itself, making it an alternate way to make your weapon vanish.
1 x
Decisions, decisions.

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 am

Taken from http://mythologicinteractiveforums.com/ ... f=19&t=556
-Even corpses can be picked up by holding the activate/pickup key while crouching. There's no time limit on grabbing corpses.
0 x
i got wozen fever

Jojopeterjohn
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Person
SFD Account: SuperFunk
SFD Alias: Jojopeterjohn
Started SFD: Since the original SF

Post by Jojopeterjohn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:22 am

When hosting a server, it remembers all your options. Could it also remember one's server name?
That'd be great.
2 x
"What?"
-Albert Einstein

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:03 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Manually merged this thread into the Small Suggestions topic. It belonged here.
for some reason people don't know that the game has an update, literally every server i joined had the previous version. most people don't even use the launcher anyways im assuming, because they want to get straight to the game, so why not have like a small notification that comes up, so they're forced to update
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Forcing player updates would prevent crazy people like me from hosting previous versions of the game, where different things would otherwise be impossible in the current version. For example, 1.2.1 is a very nostalgic version for me and I like what it offers. I also have a great modded version in 1.7.4 (I think) that I dubbed "the polished game mod." Being forced to update would mean I couldn't host these versions.

Some people don't realize there's a new update. You could tell them yourself if you keep the previous version and download a rar of the new version, or you could just give it a day or two for everyone to catch up. Update days are usually the busiest since we see an influx of players on them. At least, that's what I see.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Vladi100
Meatbag
Title: Worst Fighting Champion (._.)
SFD Alias: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by Vladi100 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Weapons like molotovs are almost ineffective,I mean there's a guy behind cover,you throw at him a molotov and he can just KEEP ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING and don't get K.O'd,I think that the molotovs have to do some damage when hit a player or knock them.
Then there's the Pump Action Shotgun,It isn't for much use either (same goes for the Sawed-Off Shotgun) doesn't deal much of a damage.

I hope damage goes up for THIS NUTZ!
0 x
Superfighters Rocks! :D

Lampone
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Lampone » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Given the OPness of grenades since 1.10, being able to catch the cooked ones using the block key (so as to throw them back) could be a way to nerf them.

Also, what about throwing body parts? Since it can stun players, the bigger parts (head, ham) could be picked up so as to be thrown.
2 x

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Can you pliz change the team color as it originaly was ej team 4 (green) the nostalgia is making me crazy pliz change it for the old times pliz.
0 x

The bruiser
Meatbag
SFD Alias: the heathen
Started SFD: NOV 2015
Post by The bruiser » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:16 am

a way to block with a gun would be great! not able to block continuously but a last resort block that breaks the gun and makes you stumble backwards BUT keeps you from taking damage. it would be a different button from the regular block so it wouldn't be as easy to hit. alot of times i get rushed and by the time i sheath the gun they have already gotten 3 hits on me and it would've been faster to just let them disarm me!
1 x
in the blue corner....THE BRUISERAND....he already lost
also known as Heathen

Willofcapes
Meatbag

Post by Willofcapes » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:47 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Manually merged this standalone thread into this one.
My suggestion ( most suitable for the alpha release as accounts will be used by that time) is the ability to save and load skins created by the user in some kind of slot in the character creator. Though not necessary this would be more of a convenient addition to the game allowing players to switch between their favorite created skins. I feel as though this would be a welcome and useful addition to the game.
2 x

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:19 pm

1.More death animations. More variety!
2.Customizable amount of blood and gibs.
1 x
Decisions, decisions.

OlhoDeEnder
Meatbag

Post by OlhoDeEnder » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:45 pm

when you throw the weapon, the thrown weapon activate mines in the ground of the map.

to allow the host to add other players as host. Example: /op 1 or /unop 1
2 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:41 pm

I think players shouldn't be able to pick up items while taking damage.
Reason
It's strange that no ones called this out but I can't understand why players can pick up items even while being axed to the face. Punishing a player for being too greedy shouldn't result in him still getting something out It, Now I could understand him being able to pick up the item while blocking my attacks since he isn't taking any damage and should have options as to what the best decision could be whether them being able to smoothly step away from my attack or choose to tank my attack after using up his 2 blocks. Being able to take in three consecutive hits to the face and still achieving something from it Erks me. I believe skilled players should be rewarded for having the skill to be ambitious, while player who don't have that kind of skill should be properly punished for getting too greedy.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 am

Make it so that holding G will cancel out your throw if you're already aiming, since it's annoying to be stuck in that position while you waste time finding a spot where you can pick it up right away after throwing.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:58 pm

mgtr14 wrote:Make it so that holding G will cancel out your throw if you're already aiming, since it's annoying to be stuck in that position while you waste time finding a spot where you can pick it up right away after throwing.
You're kidding right?
Please say yes and remove your post :D
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Hoang Marcel wrote:
mgtr14 wrote:Make it so that holding G will cancel out your throw if you're already aiming, since it's annoying to be stuck in that position while you waste time finding a spot where you can pick it up right away after throwing.
You're kidding right?
Please say yes and remove your post :D
cant :P
Last edited by mgtr14 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!