Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

GAME GIVEAWAY [August 2017]

Here you can discuss other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

GAME GIVEAWAY [August 2017]

Post by KliPeH » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Intro

Seeing how the forum gets a little quiet from time to time I decided to let you guys interact with each other in a thread designated exactly for that purpose. And what better way to go about this than bribing you with free stuff, right? I have bought a few game bundles over the last couple of years with games I really never intended to play, but considering games like Rust and Space Engineers are right up this community's alley I figured I'd just give them out. If we make this an annual thing I'll buy stuff specifically for these giveaways, but for now we'll have to make do with what I currently own. It's free either way, so I don't think there will be too much room for complaints.

Now here's how this is going to go.

Posts starting from the next are numbered in ascending order. When the giveaway is concluded, a random number generator will be used to determine which post wins the giveaway. Proof will be posted that the chosen post is, in fact, the real winner. If we get lots of people talking about different things, which hopefully does happen, I will post a list of contestants with their corresponding post number as the giveaway nears to its end.

You are not required to provide real information about you or to register to third party apps with your personal credentials; if you win, the key will be sent to you in a private message through the forum, and from then on it's up to you to decide what to do with it. The giveaway will run for 3 to 4 weeks; I timed it very poorly, as I enlist in exactly 2 weeks from today, so hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long (but does give many people the chance to participate). I apologize for any delays with claiming the prize in advance.

Please read the rules and requirements carefully! Don't put me in the uncomfortable spot of having to deny you your game because you don't meet a requirement or failed to follow a rule. Best of luck to all participants! Constructive feedback in regards to the giveaway process/requirements/rules is welcome as per usual.

Requirements

1. A forum account.
  • Your forum account must be at least 3 months old.
  • Your forum account has to have at least 10 posts under its name.
2. A Steam account with which you can redeem the key upon acquiring it.

Rules

1. Every participating post has to have the following information in it. Posts not containing this information will NOT count as part of the giveaway. You can make use of this rule to reply to other posts and promote discussion. Just because you don't get something for posting doesn't mean you shouldn't post and talk with the other members.
  • The game you want from the attached list.
  • An answer to one of the following questions:
    ► Show Spoiler

2. You may create up to 2 giveaway participation posts to improve your chances to win.
  • If you end up posting more than one, please choose a different question.
  • You can name a different game in your secondary post. If that post wins, that's the game you receive. Useful if you can't decide between one game or another.

3. Forum-wide rules are still in effect.
  • You are NOT allowed to double-post.
    Give other people a chance to reply before you post again. They might say something you will want to address in your next post.
  • You are not, under any circumstance, to berate and/or make fun of people for their answers to the aforementioned questions.
    Be nice; ask them to elaborate or ask them more questions. I'm doing this for fun, I don't want to have to moderate the thread for potentially harmful replies.
That's about it. Below is the list of games you may win assuming you meet the requirements and follow the rules. At least one person in the thread (excluding me) is guaranteed to win, so all participants are welcome.

Games

Rust
Price: $19.99 / £14.99
Genre: Open-World Survival FPS [Largely Multiplayer]
State: Early Access
Steam: [link]

"The only aim in Rust is to survive. To do this you will need to overcome struggles such as hunger, thirst and cold. Build a fire. Build a shelter. Kill animals for meat. Protect yourself from other players, and kill them for meat. Create alliances with other players and form a town. Do whatever it takes to survive."

Space Engineers
Price: $24.99 / £18.99
Genre: Space Building Simulator [Multiplayer]

"Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction, exploration and survival in space and on planets. Players build space ships, space stations, planetary outposts of various sizes and uses, pilot ships and travel through space to explore planets and gather resources to survive."

Kholat
Genre: Atmospheric Walking-Simulator FPS [Singleplayer]
State: Fully Released

"The most terrifying journey of your life set in the beautiful winter scenery of the Ural Mountains. Uncover the horrific mystery behind the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Narrated by the famous Sean Bean."

Bionic Dues
Price: $9.99 / £6.99
Genre: Top-Down Turn-Based Roguelite [Singleplayer]

"Bionic Dues is a tactical, turn-based roguelite with mech customization. Out-think wide-ranging tactical situations featuring robots with bad GPS, terrible aim, insecurity, a lack of focus, a tendency to backstab, and dozens of other maladies to exploit."

Endless Space®
Genre: Turn-Based 4X [Multiplayer / Singleplayer]

"Endless Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the Endless universe, where you can control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion."

Savage Lands
Price: $14.99 / £10.99
Genre: Open-World Survival FPS [Multiplayer]

"Your fight for survival begins on the frozen shores of a mysterious island, where bitter cold and vicious creatures conspire to defeat the unprepared. Uncover the land’s dark history as you and fellow castaways explore and conquer the hostile wilderness of Savage Lands."

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Price: $24.99 / £18.99
Genre: Turn-Based 4X [Singleplayer]

"The Fallen Enchantress seeks to destroy the civilizations that have risen from the ashes of the Cataclysm."

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
Genre: Isometric Hack'n'Slash [Multiplayer / Singleplayer]

"In the second part of the unfolding saga that could also be enjoyed independently, you can explore new corners of this unique world and experience the mix of old-school gothic and mad science, with more action, powerful foes and plenty of stunning places to visit."

Mercenary Kings
Genre: Side-Scrolling SHMUP [Multiplayer / Singleplayer]

"Craft your arsenal to avenge your fallen comrades and save the world from the fearsome forces of CLAW!"

Outland - Special Edition
Price: $13.99 / £10.59
Genre: Bullet-Hell Platformer [Singleplayer]

"Outland is a fast-paced, dynamic platformer where the player uses powers of light and dark in an epic journey to save the world from forces of chaos."

Screencheat
Genre: Splitscreen FPS [Multiplayer]

"Screencheat is a ridiculous competitive split-screen first-person shooter where everyone is invisible, so players are forced to look at each other’s screens in order to win. Supporting both local and online multiplayer, combat in Screencheat is fast and furious with a wide variety of one-hit kill weapons."

The Stanley Parable
Price: $14.99 / £9.99
Genre: Narrative-Driven Walking-Simulator FPS [Singleplayer]

"The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end."
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 am

Mercenary Kings

What is your favourite video game?

My favourite video game of all time has to be Hotline Miami 2. While the game's story is not too long to play through, its narrative is quite the opposite. The complete depth of the story itself and how it links back into the first game has intrigued and amazed me since I first opened the game. Truth be told, the story you play doesn't tell you half of the story the game has to offer, things like these lie in little details that can be found in various locations in the game. It's also an extremely enjoyable game to play, with a pretty high skill ceiling but still challenging for those who have reached that ceiling.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:18 am

These all look like shit lmao
except for mercenary kings :eyes:

7. What's a fun little fact about you most people don't know?
I'm skill and pro at the melle :v
and I support the xdshotter

ok a real answer though
4. Had the circumstances allowed for it (money/time/hardware specs/other), what game would you be playing right now? What about the game makes you want to play it?

Probably MKX. I want to get into competitive fighting games really badly, and as a game it has all the things I need to feel comfortable investing hundreds of hours so I can beat others. Other fighting games are lacking in certain areas in ways that make them feel non-enjoyable.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 am

The Stanley Parable

3. What is the game you spend most of your time playing? Is the game genuinely this "good" or are you simply addicted to it/lack other options? Elaborate.

I mostly spend time on open world games like Grand Theft Auto. I simply addicted to it because open world genre introduce you with a large sandbox world where you can litterly do anything you want.
1 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:19 am

Savage lands

What is your preferred videogame genre? What about it makes you prefer it to the rest?

Open world MMORPGs. I sorta like fighting games (Smash Bros, Street Fighter etc) But MMORPGs make it feel real, especially when open world. They make it feel like you're there, But you're just sitting at a computer. It's different from other games because it gives you this fantasy feel. Shooters is just you shooting and knifing people. In MMORPGs you're shooting fireballs at people. Also MMORPGs make a really good plot.
0 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 am

1.hyper light drifter and rain world, both games have amazing pixel art and gameplay that's so good I actually muted my entire contacts just so I could marathon them. I'm not going to elaborate much on the controls or the story since they both add depth into these games creative setting, but I will try to explain why I like them as vividly as possible. What I like the most about these game is that it doesn't hold your hand, god I hate it when games do that. Both games are merciless in their approach which is either get good or die. They both dominated their stretch goals so I can expect some extra content like the extra boss fight and slug pups, which is amazing since their goals were pretty high for a small group of indie developers. Hyper light drifter managed to raise 600,000 dollars while rain world managed 63,255. But you know what the best part is? It's not completely based on rng, that's one of the things I can really appreciate in a game. When a game developer goes through the effort of making the game hard but fair, not some rng BS where the most 3 most hated enemies in the game can spawn in the same area. It just feels so amazing When you see the danger and plan around it so you can overcome the obstacles laid down by the development team to impede your path, especially if it's extremely difficult to overcome like in rain world.

2. The difficulty, I love the feeling of being powerless while slowly gaining the skills both to literally and figuratively destroy anything in my path while dying repeatedly to get there. That's probably one of the best reason I still play sfd, and why I used to replay Bloodborne and dark souls with a level 1 character. Sfd would be my top if It was complete and still had its high pace gameplay, I guess I'm a sucker for a game with high Difficulty.

Btw I want Mercenary Kings
Last edited by [Failman] on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 am

I'll take The Stanley Parable.

1. What's your favourite videogame? Why do you like it?

With my 14 years of gaming experience, I can say that my favourite videogame would be Medieval 2: Total War. It's a challenging game where you have to think of your every move. With the total of 22 factions with 17 playable (19 if you go into the game files and choose Papal States and Rebels as playable), you can conquer Europe, Western Africa, Asia and, if you have Carracks, a fragment of Northern America. If the campaign is not what you're into, you can always go into the battles. You can do the historical ones, such as siege of Tenochtitlan, battle of Azincourt or battle of Hastings, or you can play the custom ones with the total of 21 factions (Rebels aren't available for this one). The graphics aren't the most beautiful, but the soundtrack is really good. Of all Total War games I've played, this one is the best.
1 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Space engineers Please! :D

1. What's your favourite videogame?

For a long while now, no other game has won my heart over the action packed, dare devilish mad car crashing racing game - "NEED FOR MADNESS!"
A game full of mad Car-on-Car action, competing in the heat of battle over racing and destruction!
Although the game is made with the use of Ol' Java programming language,
It's extraordinary pix-elated .mod file soundtracks add to the feel of the game during a race/waste of
cars battling out between each other in the heat of night or day!

2. Why do you like it?

Although this game was a bit risky to enter in this competition
considering it was made back in 2000s, was hit in time considering the game was made with Java!
It was a very popular internet game made by Omar Waly. At the age of 6 with all the boredom of
flash games on the internet I suddenly became familiarized with the game after seeing my dad play this.
It became an addicting obsession, learning how to use the controls, how to perform stunts,
How to inflict maximum damage on the other NPC's, listening to new music tracks on every stage
but most most of all getting new cars at the end of every 2 stages. It was worth every bit of my time!

But my most favourite thing in the game was the character of the game!
It consisted of a mad clown face that looked like nightmare material for 7-year olds
but it intrigued me so much :D. At the start of every round you would hear him speaking.
As you lean on the accelerator to propel your car forward you can hear the words in a deep pixelated
chilling voice:

"Three"
"Two"
"One"
"GO!"

And every time your car had taken full damage from crashing everywhere the voice would shout "WASTED!" as your car brushed up in flames.
It excited me so much to just to race, dodging other NPCs , performing extreme stunts
or to waste all the other cars found in the arena.
And after a while you master the system of performing stunts you can make up crazy stunts of your own.
The thing is, the more stunts you do, or the crazier they get, the more POWER and fuel you receive.
And after you do some kind of crazy stunt the game hasn't recognized before the game would come up
with phrases such as "What the..." "How the" as you land on the race track and accelerate through out
the course with maximum fuel and power.

And sometimes in my free-time or when I would simply get bored,
I would open up the game again and go through all the stages again
and experience the nostalgic soundtracks and stages. I could never get tired.
There are new features in the game such as stage maker and car maker and Multiplayer Online.
But they are not as good as the Classic Need for madness series of 1 & 2, I would highly recommend the game
to any gamer (if you have the patience for it).
1 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:49 pm

"The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end."

xdd

good luck all.
1 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 am

The game I want is Mercenary Kings.
3. What is the game you spend most of your time playing? Is the game genuinely this "good" or are you simply addicted to it/lack other options? Elaborate. I've been playing Sm4sh alot lately. It is a really good game, But I mostly play it because 'm a loser who has nothing to do with my life.I main Marth. He's a fun character in the game. Sm4sh is just alot about skill and strategy. And I like games like that.

Good luck to all participants.
1 x

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Sometime in Pre-Alpha
Post by ClockworkDice » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:54 am

Alrighty, I'm here to enter the giveaway because I'm poor and can;t afford to buy games myself. I want mercenary kings, looks like fun. My favourite game of all time would probably be Smash Bros Melee (SFD is a close second though) because wavedashing is the shit. Also like it because it's a blend of fighting games and platformers, which is great.
1 x

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Sometime in Pre-Alpha
Post by ClockworkDice » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 am

Here's my second post because it said that I can post up to twice. Answering the fifth question regarding single player, co-op, or multiplayer. I like multiplayer because multiplayer games usually have the most unexpected depth. You have infinite content because everyone plays differently and playing against real people can lead to hilarious moments and really hardcore, keyboard-destroying games. Also multiplayer games generally have more connected communities, making mods more common and forums more fun.

EDIT: I still want mercenary kings.
1 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 am

The giveaway is now (a little late but) officially over.

The following is a list of all eligible posts and their corresponding post number; I will roll through this range of numbers with a random number generator and the post number that gets the roll wins their requested game. There can only be one winner. Hitting a disqualified number (shown in red down below) will prompt a re-roll. Here's the post list with its respective owners:

#1 - Pricey
#2 - Lunatic
#3 - Hoang Marcel
#4 - GreenyShark
#5 - [Failman]
#6 - Sh4d0w
#7 - Morpheus
#8 - Sree
#9 - GreenyShark
#10 - ClockworkDice
#11 - ClockworkDice

The winner will be announced in the next reply.
Locked.
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 am

Among these participants, the winner is...
► Show Spoiler
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

The Steam key will be sent to you in a private message shortly. Enjoy your game!

Thanks to everyone who participated and thank you for all the replies. Stay tuned for the next giveaway!
0 x