Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Insta-Gib Tackle (Air Version)

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Spider-Man
Meatbag

Insta-Gib Tackle (Air Version)

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

Similarly to tackling someone into the giant concrete slab and killing him instantly, the same can be done on the left heavy crate on Storage. The weird thing is, I tackled someone onto it while it was sitting still and landed on top of it and it still resulted in him getting gibbed. If this has already been addressed somewhere I will delete this post
1 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 am

Prolly its only very few of us witnessed this bug.I forgot to take this onto the forums so thank you very much.

The tackal you are referring is dive.what I like to theorize about this is heavy objects are meant to gib you from either sides the upper end and bottom.this comes under the game design.

We can also perform this in alley as well Go ahead and try to dive him from the second level ladder plat to the hanging piano.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 am
heavy objects are meant to gib you from either sides the upper end and bottom.this comes under the game design.
There is a distinct aspect called force decides if a player should get knocked back or gib'd, I doubt if a heavy object is designed to gib a player when he is diving someone onto it or land on top of the object, no force is even acting on the player to gib him.

I can't think of anything that could have caused this, except high latency, it could have rendered the game engine to teleport the player below the crate or the object and got him gib'd, but can't really conclude what happened without a video.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:26 pm

If u look at it closely, when you dive into the corner of the heavy object you actually end up under it. You don’t hey gibbed from the side. It’s actually the player somehow lifting the heavy object and being crushed but it going under.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Spider-Man
Meatbag

Post by Spider-Man » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:34 am

My ping was green, if that helps at all, so it couldn't have been lag. When the tackle happened we both landed directly on top of the crate.

Also, if you dive between a filing cabinet and a small crate (filing cabinet has to be on top and sitting on a thin platform) or if you tackle someone under a small crate with a barrel directly on top of it, the end result will be an insta-gib. I am going to assume that these bugs are extremely rare
Last edited by KliPeH on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Parts of the diving mechanic has been reworked for the release version in case it was a bug with the old diving mechanic (which it could be, placing the player underneath the object). Also note that all dives results in impacts for the caught player - if low enough HP and high enough velocity from the diving (diving from a high place) the player might be gibbed anyway.
2 x
Gurt