Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New melee weapon: Throwing Hammer

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
New melee weapon: Throwing Hammer

Post by Katrtlen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Text is a bit TL;DR, but please read the whole suggestion so you will understand it. Thanks!

Throwing Hammer, a heavy metal ball attached to a chain with holder at the end. Used in hammer throw discipline where athletes have to throw it as far as possible by spinning before releasing it.

In SFD, a very rare melee weapon. Made for far distance throwing but can be also used in defense. When you hold it, pressing A will swing it which looks like attacking with chain. Such swing doesn't deal any damage and it doesn't collide with objects or enemies. When throwing hammer is swung, you have to change your horizontal direction by pressing left or right key. This will restart the swing and will start spinning you. The more and faster you spin (press left and right key) the further weapon will be thrown and more damaging it will be.
When you're spinning enough fast, press D to release the weapon. If you want to aim with it in different direction than straight line, hold D instead, your player will still spin but you will see a crosshair, releasing the key will also release the weapon. While aiming, spinning slows down so you have to aim quickly. Also timing is important while spinning, when starting you should press keys slower, then be faster and faster. Very well timed spinning allows you to reach very fast rotation, uneven spin won't spin you fast, game shows your spinning speed by trying to change side of your player how it's supposed to be.
Throwing hammer can travel way further distance than knife and unlike other thrown melee, throwing hammer is so heavy and strong that instead of stopping at dynamic objects and enemies, it will keep moving while barely losing speed (still depends on weight of obstacle), and slightly bounces when colliding with static objects.
It can be eventually used for defense, while spinning a percentage of bullets will be reflected. Faster spin makes the percentage higher.
It might be durable when breaking through objects, but hitting a player heavily damages it, making it disappear after around 2 strong hits.

Weapon sounds complicated, but I've just described it in such long text and im sure every regular player will understand it's mechanics easily.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/oCm2Opl.png
1 x
Green buttons are good

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:01 am

tbh it looks like a sex toy
3 x
make it better

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:13 am

This looks similar to Watch_Dogs 2's Thunder Ball melee weapon:
A nice heavy ball on a strong tether cord, nothing as satisfying as using a pendulum to beat people up. (I guess?)
0 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

winter hell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: just trying to live my life
SFD Account: SivvieSivv
SFD Alias: SivvieSivv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.10.0

Post by winter hell » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm

TheOriginalCj wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:13 am
This looks similar to Watch_Dogs 2's Thunder Ball melee weapon:
A nice heavy ball on a strong tether cord, nothing as satisfying as using a pendulum to beat people up. (I guess?)
i wonder hows wrench doing
0 x
make it better