Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Majority of Audio Not Working

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Spider-Man
Meatbag

Majority of Audio Not Working

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:24 am

After replacing some of the sound files, 90% of the game's audio has completely stopped working. The files I used were tagged as .xnb. This issue also occurs even for files that were never moved/replaced, such as the sound played when drawing a katana
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 am

Wait a moment: Manipulating core game files and reporting it as a bug is kinda...

Anyway... you're not even providing which files you have tried to change/remove which is kinda the minimum amount of information I need to even begin taking a quick look into this.
2 x
Gurt

Spider-Man
Meatbag

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Most of the files manipulated were just the weapons' sound effects (such as the M60 and magnum). However, sounds that are supposed to play such as when a round ends or getting killed never play at all, even at max volume:
I don't know how changing some files completely disabled almost all sound in the game, but if there's no fix for this then that's alright.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:21 am

Verify that all files are intact and the sound should play again.
0 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:56 am

As far as I know the sound files you're convering to .xnb first have to be converted to a certain frequency/quality/size in order to be played properly in-game. So for example, high quality weapon sounds from other games can't actually be played in their original form. Someone once wrote a tutorial on replacing sound files and said that was the case IIRC; I can't find the post right now, I'll try to provide a link later.
1 x

Mearquis
Meatbag
SFD Account: Mearquis

Post by Mearquis » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:56 am

verify that all files are intact and the sound should play again.
Last edited by KliPeH on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed an ad link.
0 x