Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small Suggestions topic

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Re: Small Suggestions topic

Post by RickAvory » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Lamgiabao wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:10 pm
Yesterday, I found an offical map names botprofiles but I can't edit it to get some new bots, so an ability to create new bots is great, I hope that feature will make the game more fun to play.
Already a feature. Only catch is that you can’t have them in the “bot” list however you can make your own in a map you make.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm

CUTSCENES

when i heard about the campaigns gonna hit the store with the steam release, as a bit of a fanboy of Hjarpes art, i really imagined this was going to be a feature. but alas i expected a bit higher.

the current cutscenes where takes place in operation sunrise, particularly. in the beginning of the cave-moment, the canvas lowers down till SS officer and dr fritzliebe are shown and rests on them . as the conversation had between them. we couldnt see any sign of emotions,excitement, nor body language other than speech bubble's and a short distant walk by Fuhrer, which makes the entire scene tasteless and less appealing for me.

so here are a few examples of how this is going to play.(Note: these conceptual pics are vague lacks speech bubbles,transition frames,music and sound effects.)

the dark cave only with some glowing light casting from the fish Tanks filled with dr fritzliebe's formula. Fuhrer approaches the scientist and questions the procedure, while the scientist points out his finger onto the tanks and explains him about the progress.
https://imgur.com/fcUSHjt

when the air strikes occurs, Fuhrer trembles looking at those Tanks while the scientist assures him that his anti aerial strike system will take care of them shortly.
https://imgur.com/aitULjl

Mcbird awakes! with his eyebrow raised, in his shattered tank and jumps out.
https://imgur.com/8dwJtnE

as operation sunrise is over, i really look forward to next campaigns with those kind of cut scene's play along the way.
5 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm
CUTSCENES

when i heard about the campaigns gonna hit the store with the steam release, as a bit of a fanboy of Hjarpes art, i really imagined this was going to be a feature. but alas i expected a bit higher.

the current cutscenes where takes place in operation sunrise, particularly. in the beginning of the cave-moment, the canvas lowers down till SS officer and dr fritzliebe are shown and rests on them . as the conversation had between them. we couldnt see any sign of emotions,excitement, nor body language other than speech bubble's and a short distant walk by Fuhrer, which makes the entire scene tasteless and less appealing for me.

so here are a few examples of how this is going to play.(Note: these conceptual pics are vague lacks speech bubbles,transition frames,music and sound effects.)

the dark cave only with some glowing light casting from the fish Tanks filled with dr fritzliebe's formula. Fuhrer approaches the scientist and questions the procedure, while the scientist points out his finger onto the tanks and explains him about the progress.
https://imgur.com/fcUSHjt

when the air strikes occurs, Fuhrer trembles looking at those Tanks while the scientist assures him that his anti aerial strike system will take care of them shortly.
https://imgur.com/aitULjl

Mcbird awakes! with his eyebrow raised, in his shattered tank and jumps out.
https://imgur.com/8dwJtnE

as operation sunrise is over, i really look forward to next campaigns with those kind of cut scene's play along the way.
This deserves its own topic! Great images and great idea. This could be superior options from the current beginning and ending scenes possibly.
0 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Is it possible to switch the ping method from ICMP to TCP? Most routers block ICMP incoming packet at firewall by default which means the server's latency is not shown in the lobby. Taking 10 seconds to join a server then quit because high latency is annoying.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Kers wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Is it possible to switch the ping method from ICMP to TCP? Most routers block ICMP incoming packet at firewall by default which means the server's latency is not shown in the lobby. Taking 10 seconds to join a server then quit because high latency is annoying.
Is this why I don't see latency readings for most servers? How can this be fixed?
1 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Yea this is the reason. Either tell host to open ICMP port on their router (wonder how many people know and will do it even though it's easier than port forward) or modify the game to use TCP/UDP ping which is why you can see the ping in the game.
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:55 am

What about new ambient sounds? For example: Seagull's screaming or the sound of the city?
2 x
-Content-maker.

Scout[tf2]
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map maker
SFD Account: Scout(tf2)
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by Scout[tf2] » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:43 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a standalone thread with this one.
I would like to have more than 1 accessory on a character. For example: dog tags and sunglasses, gas mask and armband etc. If no then atleast only for PlayerProfileInfo
0 x
I need MOAR HADZ!

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 pm
winter hell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm
runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.
After overthinking it in the shower, I think he means something just like this:

Which might be linked to dual weilding, But more complicated.
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm
RickAvory wrote:
winter hell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:49 pm
runing with a gun in your hand that goes with rifles too
what are you even talking about? You are already able to run with a weapon in your hand? Am I misunderstanding what you are saying? Please explain in more detail.

lol no, he simply wants rifles and handguns to be shown visually in sprinting animation. as for now if you are sprinting with a shotgun, m60 or any other weapon, it just disappears to your back.
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 pm
hyper copter wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:57 pm
RickAvory wrote:

lol no, he simply wants rifles and handguns to be shown visually in sprinting animation. as for now if you are sprinting with a shotgun, m60 or any other weapon, it just disappears to your back.
Thanks for explaining. I was unable to get that from the OP but it now makes sense with your clarification.
0 x

Ab Hab
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Ab Hab
Started SFD: The year NBA 2K14 came out

Post by Ab Hab » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:47 am

Cigar falls outta your mouth when you die if you have one.
Like a lil' shell casing.
4 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Making the Infinite Ammo command also affect special ammo boxes. meaning that if I set start item to a sniper and bouncy ammo, bouncy ammo will never run out.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Making the Infinite Ammo command also affect special ammo boxes. meaning that if I set start item to a sniper and bouncy ammo, bouncy ammo will never run out.
Special ammo should be its own separate command I think.
5 x
Gurt

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 am

Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 pm
StarNord wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Special ammo should be its own separate command I think.
"/ia 2" or something? lol. That is what I would recommend since having a separate command for such a small thing would be redundant.
1 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 pm

"/ia 2" or something? lol. That is what I would recommend since having a separate command for such a small thing would be redundant.
[/quote]

"/ISA 1 -> Infinite Special Ammo..
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 am

We need transparent colors for Text markers. We can make complex pixel art animation with this. Just the ability for the alpha component of color have an effect on IObjectText would be fine.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Wed May 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Danger Ross wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 am
We need transparent colors for Text markers. We can make complex pixel art animation with this. Just the ability for the alpha component of color have an effect on IObjectText would be fine.
Actually, I had a similar idea about a transparency level option. Not only for text markers, But for every object in the map editor.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:41 pm
Actually, I had a similar idea about a transparency level option. Not only for text markers, But for every object in the map editor.
That would not be very easy to do and it doesn't have any clear advantages for doing. I assume the map editor is supposed to be kept simple so they probably won't add such a feature. On the other hand, allowing color to be affected by the alpha component is a much simpler task and it has a lot of benefits for advanced scripters.
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 am

I personally think that bows shouldn't shoot when the button is pressed, But when it's released. That's how I got used to bows in any game that included one.
3 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.