Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Bow XNB files are inside Other (instead of Rifles)

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Bow XNB files are inside Other (instead of Rifles)

Post by KliPeH » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:55 pm

The Bow weapon draws its sprites from the Other folder as opposed to Rifles. The Rifles folder contains all the primary weapon sprites, not only those that are of actual rifles; it's a little odd to see a primary weapon in a folder containing powerups, magazines and bullet casings.

This is also a heads up to anyone intending to customize the Bow sprite but getting confused as to where it is located.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:28 pm

?? Is the bow drawn as an assault rifle in game or what do you mean?
0 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:28 pm
?? Is the bow drawn as an assault rifle in game or what do you mean?
The Bow is in the wrong sprite directory. It should be under \ Content \ Data \ Images \ Weapons \ Rifles. The Rifles folder traditionally contained all the primary weapons, not just rifles. That's where the Bazooka, GL, Flamethrower, Sniper Rifle etc. are, and also where the Bow should be.

Instead it is under \ Content \ Data \ Images \ Weapons \ Other. The Other folder contained no weapons up until now, instead it was a collection of powerup/magazine/bullet casing sprites.

It's just a matter of consistency.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Uhu. Something Hjarpe might have paste wrong.
Anyway, I don't think we can change this now. To my understanding of Steam, Steam doesn't remove files during updates - only adds new files that should be included in the game's file list (same applies to verify integrity of game files). So anyone having the game now (like... everyone) will always have these textures in that folder. We better just leave the textures there as-is as some sort of mistake OR copy them to the correct folder + rename them so we get a new set of unique textures + update our code to reference the renamed textures.
I will leave it up to Hjarpe.
4 x
Gurt

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:38 pm

I intentionally placed the textures in the Other folder, thinking it made more sense since it's not a firearm like the other weapons. In hindsight it was probably a bad idea, but it seemed right at the time. I assume it's not too big a problem?
2 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.