Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
ShockWaveTrigger

Post by Jovani » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:39 am

"ShockWaveTrigger" serves to throw objects (in land or air), whether fragments, weapons, dynamic concrete, etc., such like ExplosionTrigger, but it does not harm objects or players, it only throws objects and causes to weapons to hurt the player when collide with him.

An example:

It might also have a shock wave level meter to throw objects farther away and some option type to make it affect to players/objects (or both).
6 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Post by Jovani » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 am

"GameCommandTrigger", I do not know if it is an appropriate name for the functions about this trigger, but we will identify it.

This trigger serves to prevent the player from using commands in some map.

This occurred to me because I had joined in some server and I saw the hoster using commands when he was playing the SFD campaign.
Example:

This trigger can also be activated to turn the commands on/off in the map.
2 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Jovani wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 am
"GameCommandTrigger", I do not know if it is an appropriate name for the functions about this trigger, but we will identify it.

This trigger serves to prevent the player from using commands in some map.

This occurred to me because I had joined in some server and I saw the hoster using commands when he was playing the SFD campaign.
Example:

This trigger can also be activated to turn the commands on/off in the map.
This can be easily achieved by a script that catches said "give" command, then you can choose to reset the campaign or make fun of the player by aggressively increasing the difficulty, that's how some other games treat cheaters, Alien: Isolation is an example.
0 x

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 am

I want a BodyType that isn't static but doesn't have collisions or gravity. The reason for this is because I want to weld cosmetic objects onto other objects without them really affecting the game. The main issue is that I can't weld pixel art using IObjectText onto a character without causing severe lag. With this feature I should be able to weld an unlimited amount of single pixel text objects without slowing down the game (simply for aesthetic).
1 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 am

ObjectChangeArrangeTrigger.

Changes object arrange, multiple objects can be modified.

ObjectFlip/RotateTrigger.

Flips, rotates object, multiple objects can be modified.

6 x
-Content-maker.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Mon May 27, 2019 11:12 am

Sometimes we have some troubles with placement of teams on the maps...

For example if you made a team battle maps, 4 vs 4 or 2 on 2 on 2 on 2, etc. But sometimes happens case when teams placed incorrectly and for example when we have fewer players - they may spawn in the same team from start, to solve this problem we need Spawn position, which will be used for the correct position of team spawn.

1 x
-Content-maker.

Classic Fighter
Meatbag
Title: My name is frog
SFD Account: Classic Fighter
SFD Alias: froagialias

Post by Classic Fighter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 pm

the manufacturer of sfd maps could use a calculator to add numbers and a counter to show them

The calculator would work in the following way, a bar that serves to add, subtract and multiply the numbers.

Example: 2 + 2 = 4

2 x 5 = 10

2 - 1 = 1

And the best thing is that in a simple bar.

The counter would work in the following way, so that the counter works correctly it would have to connect it to the calculator.
It would have different options such as changing the color of the numbers, the size, etc. and it would be useful to show the numbers.

(note: the calculator would add the numbers to the counter each time it is activated, for example: if I activate a button 1 time, 2 points will be added to the counter, if I activate it again, I will add 2 more points, in total it would be 4 points).
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 am

Classic Fighter wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:40 pm
the manufacturer of sfd maps could use a calculator to add numbers and a counter to show them

The calculator would work in the following way, a bar that serves to add, subtract and multiply the numbers.

Example: 2 + 2 = 4

2 x 5 = 10

2 - 1 = 1

And the best thing is that in a simple bar.

The counter would work in the following way, so that the counter works correctly it would have to connect it to the calculator.
It would have different options such as changing the color of the numbers, the size, etc. and it would be useful to show the numbers.

(note: the calculator would add the numbers to the counter each time it is activated, for example: if I activate a button 1 time, 2 points will be added to the counter, if I activate it again, I will add 2 more points, in total it would be 4 points).
It would fit better if you propose that as a script request, you don't need to know how to program one, just ask for something like that in the ScriptAPI section and we'll give you a hand.
0 x

Lapisuth
Meatbag
SFD Account: Tøt
Post by Lapisuth » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:24 pm

ANOTHER TYPE OF ITEM CRATE THAT IS ACTUALLY SOLID

Okay, hear me out. Basically, this object would be a merge between a normal crate and an item crate. Properties: Stand on it like any other solid, same health or less than a normal crate (to make it easier to retrieve the item inside, but still harder to break than a non-solid crate), you get an item for breaking it, multiple types. (the same types the normal item crate has) These crates won't spawn via airdrop, instead they spawn with the map like any other object, which means you can place them as you like, any type, anywhere.

PLACEABLE MINES AND FAILED GRENADES IN THE EDITOR

It's pretty self explanatory. You place a "spawn mine" or a "spawn grenade" in the editor. Uses: Rooms guarded by mines, pits full of mines. These pre-placed mines will still have a chance to fail. (maybe give them a custom texture to tell them apart from player placed / thrown mines and grenades)

ROTATEABLE ITEMS

Imagine being able to place knives sticking out of the dirt, or axes stuck in timber. By "rotation" I mean FREE 360 DEGREE ROTATION. You can still pick them up. Static items already exist, why can't we rotate them freely??
Last edited by Noble on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 am

Lapisuth wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:24 pm
[..]
ROTATEABLE ITEMS

Imagine being able to place knives sticking out of the dirt, or axes stuck in timber. By "rotation" I mean FREE 360 DEGREE ROTATION. You can still pick them up. Static items already exist, why can't we rotate them freely??
You can freely rotate every tile in the editor with some exception for player-related tiles and ladders, just temporarily disable snapping by holding shift or click on the magnet upper icon.
1 x

Lapisuth
Meatbag
SFD Account: Tøt
Post by Lapisuth » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:31 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 am
Lapisuth wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:24 pm
You can freely rotate every tile in the editor with some exception for player-related tiles and ladders, just temporarily disable snapping by holding shift or click on the magnet upper icon.
Damn, I actually didn't know that. Thank you for telling me, this changes a lot!

Propellers (Decorative tile)

I'm currently making a plane map and I'm using helicopters as propellers. Don't get me wrong, that works fine, I just cover up everything on the heli that isn't the rotor with wood. The problem is that these "propellers," when all the other stuff is covered up, looks like giant boxes. It wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't look absolutely ridiculous. Please make the rotors on the heli a standalone tile. There can be different variations: small, medium or large. They don't even need to do anything special, as long as they are animated objects.

(If you actually consider adding these as placable objects, remember to add the destroyed variants too)
Last edited by KliPeH on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double-post.
2 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:06 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Manually merged this post with a new (current) thread.
No warning for double posting was issued.
This is small idea: New FBG Mountains...
We can't cut new mountain's tile and make it single...

I remember old mountains, they were amazing...
5 x
-Content-maker.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:24 pm

I would like to suggest TeleportTrigger upgrade! Which allows you to save object's position while teleport, we can make great animations!

What happens while object's position saving, look here:

Simply, we can only teleport many objects in one position...

This is how teleport animations can work(simple examples):

4 x
-Content-maker.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 am

Manually merged standalone thread (this post) with the new (current) thread.
So... SFD has a lot of different tiles, they fit into the game well... But we don't have enough of far background tiles, which sometimes used by the same type over and over again, and you don't have enough choice to make it a bit different than it's must be now.

Once i suggested idea about far background text and i would like to post it here for common sense of topic.

1.Far background text - will be actually useful to make some parallax effect for text.

2.New far background tiles - Important!
We need at least a bit more far-background tiles, because almost nothing changed in this list for years.
This is my little example(im not good at it):
► Show Spoiler

3.More far background colors - one of the most important things in map editor, which sometimes can describe map's atmosphere.
We have really not too much colors for choosing.

Also i would like to add: some of the old game FBG tiles actually still fits SFD.
► Show Spoiler
Let's say... The game changed a lot, and if some newbie will look at SFD pre-alpha 1.2.0 and new SFD... He may think that this is two different games.
Also recommend to check map editor suggestions.
14 x
-Content-maker.

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: olv
SFD Alias: olv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Ol1vver » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am

I agree with this post, barely any FBg tile is added to the game, and most of the best-looking ones got removed, so at least FBg Text would be a nice addition to the next update.
1 x

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 pm

+ why not making far bg truely dynamic again?
3 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:55 pm

Hello. I have some ideas about modifying some of the game triggers/joints.

1.Random player modifier - same as "PlayerProfile", can be set twice or more times to get random effect.
► Show Spoiler
2.Multiply player's input setting(same for "PlayerCommandTrigger") - can change input of multiply players.
► Show Spoiler
3.Destroy node mode - can be set different damage types. As the "InvisibleWeakObject" were suggested before, long ago.
► Show Spoiler
4.Teleport trigger improvement - possibility to set teleport for different objects or players without chosen one(or with filter objects/players).
► Show Spoiler
5.Multiply highlight objects for "ActivateTrigger" - possibility to set many highlights on different objects.

6.Random trigger chance - possibility to set chance for random trigger.
► Show Spoiler
7."SpawnPlayer" area - possibility to set spawn area for players.
► Show Spoiler
8."DoTimesTrigger" - trigger, that changes "DoOnceTrigger" and you can set as many times, as you need.
► Show Spoiler
10 x
-Content-maker.

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Ol1vver » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 pm

i agree, it's quite annoying you have to select each player individually with playercommandtriggers and playerinputenabletriggers.
a nice addition to randomtrigger would also be "do not repeat", so it doesn't trigger the same thing twice and instead goes to the next one.
0 x

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Ol1vver » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Manually merged standalone thread (this post) with the new (current) thread.
Right now you can only get the use count of an ActivateTrigger using IObjectActivateTrigger.GetUseCount().
Using IObjectActivateTrigger.GetRemainingUseCount() you will get the uses the ActivateTrigger has currently.
0 x

Kerosin
Meatbag

Post by Kerosin » Sat May 30, 2020 4:23 am

Add more colors to the palette in Map Editor. We have so small amount of colors to color the textures, many players had to use BgText with letter "I" or " . " to do detailed textures.

Change Old Warehouse coords because it have too many empty space of left and right sides of the map. Im sure that most of players play SFD with static camera, with this empty space big map is TOO big to play on it comfortably.
Last edited by KliPeH on Sat May 30, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post.
1 x