Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Two game versions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Two game versions

Post by Shock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:30 pm

This game is dying, as we can see.
Time goes and i think that SFD will be just completely empty after 2019 or something. I really like this game and i playing it since 1.2.0 of pre-alpha, the game were always free before release, i know, this work must be paid. But what if we will have two game versions of Superfighters deluxe?

1.Free version or Demo
  • At least two opened challenges.
  • Opened free-version servers.
  • Opened tutorial.

2.Full version. (Paid)
  • Opened map editor
  • Opened campaign
  • Opened free-version servers.
  • Opened full-version servers + campaigns to host.
  • Opened all cosmetic items and challenges.
in common: Full game opened.

So if there will be an additional version of game and full version will be already paid, players who got it = losing nothing. They have access to full version.
+ Free version of game for everyone, or demo.
We will have at least more active community, i guess...
It's just my thoughts.
Also i recommend to read this topic: What I (and the community) think is wrong with the game by Pricey
Last edited by Shock on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 x
-Content-maker.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 pm

I would also recommend a free weekend. It does wonders for games. Thats how I bought multiple AAA titles, I can only imagine the effects on a cheaper 10 dollar game
5 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Tio Aracnido
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: juliocasas

Post by Tio Aracnido » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 pm

what about the map editor? the local multiplayer? bots? amount of people that can enter to your server? All that should be the same in both versions?
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 pm

Tio Aracnido wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 pm
what about the map editor? the local multiplayer? bots? amount of people that can enter to your server? All that should be the same in both versions?
No, i called a difference between these versions, this is only my suggestion.
0 x
-Content-maker.

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 am

Shock, i think this is a very nice idea, however i don't think this will work out.
I agree, most of the Playerbase has left, and this has hit me especially hard because the last i saw of my friends was in beta 1.02c.
In my opinion the only reason people ever played SFD before Steam was because it was free. I mean i didn't even touch the map editor for a whole year, until i got bored of official maps. I haven't played the campaigns yet either, even if i have owned the Steam version for more then a month now. I mean there where some great adventure maps back in the day. And since i (and some other people) used to play the game competitively we never really cared about how we looked as it did not improve our performance anyway.
But now with all these weapons added and limitations to melee and whatnot i think that part of the serious Playerbase is kinda gone. :(

I might be pessimistic in my thinking but using your idea, i think sooner or later the free servers will pretty much dominate all of Superfighters Deluxe again, i mean people would still be able to add custom maps made by other people. And if they want all of the cosmetics they are going to pirate the game anyways.
If you on the other hand remove the free servers and make it possible for free players to only join paid servers, so that they can get a glimpse of all the cool cosmetics maybe there will be a slight raise in sales. I mean the reason that there are no more servers is that people don't bother hosting because there is no community left to join in the first place. Therefore making the game free many more "poor" players will come back, and a few hosts can pay the money for the full version to host for the rest. Renewed interest in the game. More people want to customize their character to stand out. It'll probably help making the game cheaper (no offense).

Making the free version locked down:
1. Unlocked tier 1 challenges, some of Tier 2 and 2 Tier 3 challenges - no cosmetic unlock. Limited customization.
2. No solo bots (people will play alone like SF 1) offline play, and no free severs - as this leads to isolated community.
3. Maybe keep local multiplayer for 2 people though? - This will create frustration for cue-waiting when people realize that you can play 4 player in full version...
4. Unlocked tutorial
5. Can join full version severs - maybe with a time limit of 30 min. (don't know if this would be possible, but it will force a lot players to buy the game).
6. Map editor with locked down features - creating very simple maps (optional)

But then again, the first problem to fix would be the pirating, as that ruins all of the effort of creating and spreading a free version.

And yes i think free weekends with everything unlocked will create a lot of interest, as there is nothing to loose to try the game out.
1 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 am

Looking back at the number of "666:" accounts I regularly see almost in every server, I can tell that any attempt of making a free version with cut features will be a complete failure. People who look at the trailers and the gameplay videos will just proceed on finding a cracked version of the game. Which right now don't lack any features of the game including online multiplayer. I'm not an expert at server hosting, But I think the problem is that the service provider should be Steam itself. That way servers hosted using steam are only playable via steam. Many people use cracked versions of online games as a "try before you buy". But when they find out that they actually can play online, Then... Why save up and buy a game you can just play normally?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 am

I agree, the Mythologic Team's need grow up with more members, create a internal shop in game and sell costumes, weapon skins like another fps games, I really love the game and im afraid that It die
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Proxmin-O
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Proxmin
Started SFD: August 2016

Post by Proxmin-O » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Shark wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 am
create a internal shop in game and sell costumes, weapon skins like another fps games
I dont think that's gonna happen cause somebody can just copy that and make them in any paint related apps then put at their folders. in other hand, make a "Skin" categorie in workshop just like SFDMaps.
3 x
"Spriting at it's finest"