Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

A new grenade : flashbang

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Re: A new grenade : flashbang

Post by Jovani » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 am

Hahah, I had proposed that idea before, only that it was deleted because it was included in my ideas topic.
0 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

Post by MrClownie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:20 pm

I think that a more interesting way to create flashbangs is do something similarly to what another game called Running with Rifles did.

Flashbangs don't blind the player nor do they create a white screen, but their character drops to the ground and lays vulnerable for a few seconds.

Granted, in SFD having your character lay on the ground even for only 3 seconds is pretty much a death sentence, which is why I've considered that as to balance it out, taking damage while stunned by the flashbang will make the effects wear off quicker, think of it as being punched out of that naptime. Perhaps if someone takes 20 HP or more in damage since they were flashbanged, the effects are gone instantly.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:43 am

MrClownie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:20 pm
I think that a more interesting way to create flashbangs is do something similarly to what another game called Running with Rifles did.

Flashbangs don't blind the player nor do they create a white screen, but their character drops to the ground and lays vulnerable for a few seconds.

Granted, in SFD having your character lay on the ground even for only 3 seconds is pretty much a death sentence, which is why I've considered that as to balance it out, taking damage while stunned by the flashbang will make the effects wear off quicker, think of it as being punched out of that naptime. Perhaps if someone takes 20 HP or more in damage since they were flashbanged, the effects are gone instantly.
20 HP? Might as well make the flashbang instakill you. 20 HP is a significant amount of health to lose. That can easily make or break you in a fight.
0 x
-Evilsack

MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

Post by MrClownie » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:56 am

Evilsack wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:43 am
MrClownie wrote:

20 HP? Might as well make the flashbang instakill you. 20 HP is a significant amount of health to lose. That can easily make or break you in a fight.
Fair enough, 10 HP and it wears off instantly.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:37 pm

MrClownie wrote:

I think I'd prefer a white screen and some high-pitched noise like a traditional flashbang than to introduce another method of stun cheese. We have plenty of that already.
2 x