Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Why SFD don't have ModDB page?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
NTN9
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Who am I?
SFD Alias: NTN9
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.2

Why SFD don't have ModDB page?

Post by NTN9 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 pm

The game has the Workshop for custom maps, scripts and localizations, but custom textures, sounds, music and mods affecting the code (like Rainbow Fighters and SFD +) cannot be published there. Something can be uploaded on SFDmaps, but its interface is rather limited. Of course we can upload it all to the forum, but why the game still does not have an official page on ModDB?
2 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Where can one find mods for Superfighters Deluxe like Rainbow Fighters and SFD+?
I would be interested in trying proper mods, not just scripts and custom texture packs.
Maybe because the game ins't that big and popular, so uploading stuff here is easier to find and more accesible to everyone using forums. Besides ModDB is a website for mods for a ton of games, SFDmaps is a website dedicated to only SFD a small indie game with a small community.
1 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm

To be honest I don't like the interface of ModDB; it's poorly designed and confusing, but you're right about we can't upload texture packs or custom music..
What do you mean by "mods affecting the code"? It's not possible to edit SFD Source code, neither through third-party apps, and devs didn't (and won't) release the source code.

SFDMAPS is a good website, but the owner should improve it, and the rules are too severe and restrictive.
My suggestion is to give everyone the opportunity to upload their maps, scripts & texture packs, and moderators should change some rules.
0 x

NTN9
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Who am I?
SFD Alias: NTN9
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.2

Post by NTN9 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Odex64 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm
What do you mean by "mods affecting the code"? It's not possible to edit SFD Source code, neither through third-party apps, and devs didn't (and won't) release the source code.
Well, looks like Rainbow FIghters (created by uFoxi i think) banned from Mediafire due usage of licensed music. Maybe someone have it downloaded and will post on the new forum. The main goal of the mod was to add a lot more colors for fighter customization:

SFD+ (by OLV) still avaible tho. It's just adding (don't replacing) few new tiles and objects.
Here their Discord: https://discord.gg/nU9CDP
Odex64 wrote:
SFDMAPS is a good website, but the owner should improve it, and the rules are too severe and restrictive.
My suggestion is to give everyone the opportunity to upload their maps, scripts & texture packs, and moderators should change some rules.
As far as i know, original owner of SFDmaps dosen't interested in SFD anymore. Maybe there's something behind the scene, idk
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed May 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Off Topic
NTN9 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:57 pm
[...]
As far as i know, original owner of SFDmaps dosen't interested in SFD anymore. Maybe there's something behind the scene, idk
Odex64 wrote:
[...]
The original owner (@chelog) abandoned the site a long time ago and the one single person still tending to it after all those years is me. We have a few Mods but I don't know if any have even logged in for the past couple years, seeing how entries can go unapproved for weeks if I don't go there and manually activate them myself.

The ownership over the site was transferred to me but I don't know any coding and don't feel like navigating the, as you rightfully stated, abhorrent interface that is the Ukrainian uCoz client, so nothing is likely to ever change or improve unless someone wants to help me. I did write the rule list though, that I take credit for; I'd be curious to hear what's so restrictive about it?

As far as I'm concerned the only two rules I still actively uphold is "don't be a dick stealing other people's work" and "actually show what your fucking map looks like"; the rest I let go, if you don't provide a changelog or use different accounts or whatever I don't really care anymore.

I do still remove shitty looking maps, I mean it technically is an unofficial website and I'm the sole owner of it so may as well do things my way. If anyone wants to remake Apocalypse's Melee Island for the 43rd time post it somewhere that accepts hot garbage and not my site that doesn't really serve the community anymore anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 x

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:56 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:40 pm
[...]
Off Topic
NTN9 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:57 pm
[...]
Odex64 wrote:
[...]
The original owner (@chelog) abandoned the site a long time ago and the one single person still tending to it after all those years is quite literally me.
Off Topic
I didn't know the owner and most of moderators left it.
KliPeH wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:40 pm
[...]
Off Topic
As far as I'm concerned the only two rules I still actively uphold is "don't be a dick stealing other people's work" and "actually show what your fucking map looks like"; the rest I let go, if you don't provide a changelog or use different accounts or whatever I don't really care anymore.
Off Topic
I absolutely agree about these two rules. I was talking about some pointless rules such as: "Don't take a screenshot of your map with your clan tag in the nickname" or "Provide a changelog for every single change of the map" etc.. (I don't know if rules changed since then).
0 x