Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Help me to create a server

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Meowtist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Meowtist

Help me to create a server

Post by Meowtist » Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 am

I try to create a server but my friends cant connect, but in others they can, i disbled firewall...... help me please!
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon May 29, 2017 2:53 am

Try going through the manual port forwarding process.
0 x

Meowtist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Meowtist

Post by Meowtist » Tue May 30, 2017 12:15 am

a easier way?
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Meowtist wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:15 am
a easier way?
It's as easy as can get. If the automatic method doesn't work for you this is what you have to do. Don't be lazy. You desire to stay independent of others' play rules, map queues, connections and players, so sweat a little for the opportunity to host games under your own terms. Joining other servers works in a pinch if you want to stay ignorant. Knowing how to port forward is valuable and is the method all indie games use mostly because hosting official long-term servers is expensive. This is how you host Minecraft, Terraria, Risk of Rain, Running with Rifles, Broforce, Don't Starve, Magicite, Monaco, Soldat, Starbound or any other obscure indie game you can think of that doesn't use Steam's servers.

If you don't have access to your router's control panel you can achieve the same results using a piece of software called UPnP Port Mapper. I'll consider writing a tutorial on how to use it given it once allowed me to host with a new router I didn't know how to PF from. I'd tell you to use Hamachi or Tunngle if all else failed but you're better off not hosting any games at all than letting these programs modify your network settings and possibly killing your internet connection if anything went wrong.
1 x