Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Using server.exe to host doesnt work.

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Sweg Mercenary
Fighter
Fighter

Using server.exe to host doesnt work.

Post by Sweg Mercenary » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:08 pm

I want to set up a server using server.exe but no one joins my game and they can oonly connect by ip.Is there a way to solve this,like some people using server.exe people can join their servers
0 x

NoWay
Fighter
Fighter
Title: sfd youtuber
SFD Account: WayGamer
Started SFD: 1921

Post by NoWay » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm

had the same problem
Last edited by NoWay on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
do yo kno da wae ?

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Hosting using the dedicated server software relies on your forwarded ports just as much as the base game does. If you can't host a regular game you won't be able to host using the program; it's not a magic wand that solves all your hosting problems.

Make sure you've gone through the manual port forwarding process, read and followed both the tutorial and the suggested changes in the troubleshooting section down below. I suspect your IPv4 address changed since the last time you hosted and rendered the entry you've created back then irrelevant; that's just a speculation, though, given the tiny amount of detail you have provided in your OP.
0 x

Sweg Mercenary
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Sweg Mercenary » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:43 am

Yes, i can host regularly.I am hosting on automatic port forwarding.I cant host by server.exe.Just wondering if server.exe uses less ram and processor than actually opening the game and hosting.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:24 am

I want to set up a server using server.exe but no one joins my game and they can oonly connect by ip.
If you're 100 % sure the port forwarding is setup correctly and nothing blocks the Superfighters Deuxe.exe (firewalls, anti-virus) then make sure the game is set to "Public" or it won't show up in the server browsers for others to see. Select "Public: YES" and press "Apply Changes".
1 x
Gurt