Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How 2 players can play on one computer?

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StormFire
Meatbag

How 2 players can play on one computer?

Post by StormFire » Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi, I have Syperfighters Deluxe v.1.2.0e. Can 2 players play on one computer, on one or two keyboards, like in the old Syperfighters games?
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Fri May 31, 2019 6:26 pm

Yes, they can. Two players can play simultaneously on one keyboard. Although I don't recommend it as SFD has a lot more key bindings than SF, but it is still possible.

First, assign Player 2's key bindings under Settings > Key Bindings, they can be assigned to either a keyboard or controller, whichever you prefer.

Then, get Player 2 to press their 'Attack' key (punch key; A by default for Player 1), and their profile should appear in the bottom left corner of the main screen. From here you can assign Player 2's profile to whichever one you want.

Join a server with at least two free slots, as per normal, and you and your friend will appear as the same account, with Player 2, having 'Second player' underneath them.

Hope this helps.
7 x

StormFire
Meatbag

Post by StormFire » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 am

Hello, thanks for the reply! Everything works well.

We're used to playing with two keyboards connected to one computer. Which option would you recommend for play between two players?
1. Two keypads connected to one computer.
2. Keyboard and gamepad connected to a computer.
3. Computer and laptop (with the same Steam account) and game in a local network.

Can you also recommend some gamepad or joystick? How many keys, directions with a stick or keys...?
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:14 am

If you're sharing the same computer I strongly recommend that at least one of you use a gamepad to avoid keyboard ghosting.
If you have two computers you can play in a local network. One of you create a private game and the other one join by IP (local network IP). With networking you must also make sure no anti-virus or windows firewall is blocking communication for the game. You might need to set up port forwarding too depending on your local area network configuration but for a typical home network with one router it shouldn't be necessary.
If you're using the same Steam account make sure the one joining plays in offline mode for simplicity.

Edit: See https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... f=9&t=3925 for some details.
4 x
Gurt

kaioubrai22
Meatbag
SFD Account: AgentDeluxe
Post by kaioubrai22 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 pm

I ask you to. DESCRIBE DETAILS HOW TO BIND THE SECOND PLAYER MANAGEMENT TO APPOINT THE CONTROL BUTTONS AND PLAY WITH YOUR BROTHER!
0 x
I'am THE SUPERFIGHTER!

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:13 pm

kaioubrai22 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 pm
I ask you to. DESCRIBE DETAILS HOW TO BIND THE SECOND PLAYER MANAGEMENT TO APPOINT THE CONTROL BUTTONS AND PLAY WITH YOUR BROTHER!
Its not that hard to understand, here a video on how to find player 2 keybinds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7p2-pMN_Q4
Then select either gamepad or keyboard for Player 2
2. Bind actions to keys by selecting an action like "attack" and then pressing the buttons on a controller or keyboard to bind the action to a button. For example select "attack" for Player 2 and press on your keyboard "h". Now Player 2 will attack with "h".
After you are done binding all keys to Player 2 (needs to be seperate keys for 2 players on 1 keyboard), Player 2 press his "attack" button to join into the game. Player 2 can now create his own profile or use an existing one, by selecting the same way Player 1 does.
Then go to "Browse games" and find a server with 2 slots open, so that both you and your brother can join.
Alternatively host your own game.
Good luck and have fun :D
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

horridflower
Meatbag

Post by horridflower » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:46 pm