Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

I can't reset my password thus I cant connect to my SuperFightersDeluxe Account

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RandomPasserbyUser
Meatbag
I can't reset my password thus I cant connect to my SuperFightersDeluxe Account

Post by RandomPasserbyUser » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:59 am

Good evening,

I write this to bring to your attention my current problem which is that whenever I try to reset my password by following the steps I am supposed to follow and finally reach the last step which is setting up a new password the website either crashes or its missing thus I can't of my superfighters deluxe account.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 am

Hi,

If you refer to the MythoLogic Interactive Account it serves no use today (but did in the past).

We don't have a "SuperfightersDeluxe Account" in place. If you're seeing a site claiming to register a "SuperfightersDeluxe Account" be careful.

The only account you need today is your Steam account to play the game online. If you need to reset your Steam account you need to contact Steam support.
0 x
Gurt

RandomPasserbyUser
Meatbag
Post by RandomPasserbyUser » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 am

Thank you for taking the time to reply,

Yes I am referring to the mythologic Interactive Account.

You said that it served no purpose any longer but did in the past which makes sense because I remember that I used to play Superfighters Deluxe years ago using one.

So here's my question, I did some research and found it on steam yet I still have another version already on my PC having downloaded way back then. So in the end what does this mean for me as it says that I need to log in my Mythologic Interactive account for it to update.

As you can tell I just now come back to the world of Superfighters Deluxe after some years and any info that keeps me up to date is greatly appreciated

Best regards.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:40 am

RandomPasserbyUser wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 am
[...]

So here's my question, I did some research and found it on steam yet I still have another version already on my PC having downloaded way back then. So in the end what does this mean for me as it says that I need to log in my Mythologic Interactive account for it to update.

[...]
Since you last played the game it has been updated numerous times and officially released on Steam. You can see the update history (among other things) in the update archive here. With the game's release came a price tag; older (free) versions of the game using the MythoLogic Interactive Launcher are no longer supported, meaning you can play solo if you have the files but can't host and play online games. This wasn't always the case - you used to be able to download older versions of the game against other players hosting on the same version but this functionality isn't included anymore.

What this means for you as a regular player - simply put you need to purchase the game if you want to keep playing. You can do so by creating a Steam account, downloading the Steam software, purchasing the game and downloading it to your computer using the Steam client. You can try participating in a giveaway to get the game for free. Here's a Steam thread about it.

Cheers.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm

"So in the end what does this mean for me as it says that I need to log in my Mythologic Interactive account for it to update."

The old launcher is not functional anymore. You can only play the older versions offline now if you happened to have an old copy.

You can find the latest version of Superfighters Deluxe on Steam.
0 x
Gurt