Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Can I Force The Camera Into Dynamic

Here you can find answered ScriptAPI topics.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Can I Force The Camera Into Dynamic

Post by StarNord » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 pm

I love the dynamic cam because it expands and shrinks based on the action, the problem is that if you're making a gigantic adventure map, some players don't switch to dynamic cam or have no knowledge of it, so I want to force the camera into dynamic just as the map starts so that the camera doesn't poke it's nose where it isn't needed...

And it seems like this has been pulled off, by Ruro in All Hallows Eve I'd just like to know how he did it
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:41 am

StarNord wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 pm
I love the dynamic cam because it expands and shrinks based on the action, the problem is that if you're making a gigantic adventure map, some players don't switch to dynamic cam or have no knowledge of it, so I want to force the camera into dynamic just as the map starts so that the camera doesn't poke it's nose where it isn't needed...

And it seems like this has been pulled off, by Ruro in All Hallows Eve I'd just like to know how he did it
With Game.SetAllowedCameraModes(CameraMode.Dynamic); you can force a dynamic camera mode, you just need to put the line into a method such as OnStartup() and it will be fine.
Off Topic
I played All Hallows Eve too, such a meticulous attention to details, I just loved it from the first seconds I opened it, then I read the credits, I could not expect anything better from @Danger Ross ;)
Last edited by JakSparro98 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm sorry but i'm not that much of a script savvy guy (I'd love to learn a bit though), could you just give me a string that I can just stick into the scripts tab and just forget about it? @JakSparro98
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm
I'm sorry but i'm not that much of a script savvy guy (I'd love to learn a bit though), could you just give me a string that I can just stick into the scripts tab and just forget about it?
Simply that:

Code: Select all

public void OnStartup()
{
Game.SetAllowedCameraModes(CameraMode.Dynamic);
}
0 x