Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map editor - map not showing up when hosting a game

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
left4kill5
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jay
Map editor - map not showing up when hosting a game

Post by left4kill5 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 am

I made a demo for my new campaign map and I wanted to show my friends the part that were intrested in, but then, when I got up to the bit where I made my private server, I couldn't find my map in the custom folder. I checked the other folders and they weren't there. But when I went back into map editor, it was there! In the custom folder! But I couldn't find in-game. Help me fix this glitch please.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 am

You have to restart the game in order to refresh the map list after new maps have been added to it.
0 x

left4kill5
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jay
Post by left4kill5 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 am

I tried, it won't work. Thanks anyways!
0 x

ebomb09
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: ebomb09

Post by ebomb09 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm

If you can open it in the Editor you can save as in a different folder, or check the installation folder Data\Maps\Custom which sometimes get saved there and move it.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Make sure the map is not marked as "template" (it should be set to "false"). You find this property among the name/description/thumbnail fields of your map. If it's true it won't show up.
1 x
Gurt