New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Make sure to read the rules.
RULE NR 3 UPDATED: Don't hurt, harass or provoke other forum members or people.

TEH MLG CLAN ((MLG))

Post clan announcements and banter here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
New Blues
Fighter
Fighter
Title: lmao boi
SFD Account: DissidentRaptor
SFD Alias: Psyko Sauce/Psyko Salsa
Started SFD: Since 2014
Re: TEH MLG CLAN ((MLG))

Post by New Blues » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:12 pm

"taked down"
it wont,because I have to say something every months at least to protect against the auto prune.
0 x
lmao u got wr8kt boi (if u're kilipaleh ur not wr8kted u're noscoped m9)

KliPeH
Title: 2v1 rat noob no cheat mele >:v
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I tried avoiding replying to the thread as much as I could but seeing as people continue to defend me, which I am very humbled by, I would like the right arguments be brought to the table so I guess I'll just step in to do this myself.
New Blues wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm
Hoi Klipeh.
Teaming is allowed on Blurry's since it's not on the server's rules.
You can't ban me for teaming if it's not said.
You know what? You're completely right. I re-read the server description and nowhere does it say teaming up with other members is not allowed. I have always assumed it to be the case but I was wrong. It's common courtesy, a part of an "etiquette" if you will, but not an outright rule. If people don't get to make arbitrary rules like "don't run" or "don't camp" as a part of a made up code of honor this shouldn't be the case either. I always try to follow protocol and play by the book, so if that's not an actual rule I will cease to see this as a violation.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

New Blues wrote:
I can get ban if warned before. And you don't.
Now this part here isn't true. Not only is it explicitly mentioned you can get kicked or banned without warning, it also makes complete sense - the server isn't yours, and albeit being publicly accessible by other community members, what to do with them is left to the discretion of those who own it. If you come to a private event the person who organized it has all the rights to kick you out after you've broken one of their rules (which you definitely have, read the next section), and that doesn't necessarily have to come after a warning (even if this is not the right way to do this). Don't forget that you're not playing on an official game server; we don't have those yet. You're playing on Gurt's personal dedicated server.

New Blues wrote:
Spamming chat. Yeaah...Let's talk about that. /mute is an option.
/mute is an option for the common user that cannot otherwise do anything to stop chat spam. A Mod's job is to uphold the server rules and maintain order. This is why we have moderating power (banning, kicking) and the regular player doesn't. We enforce rules and make sure people can play on the server comfortably. While you can argue a player "running" or "camping" ruins your "comfort", both are playstyles that are allowed to exist based on the game's mechanics, and enforcing a way to play ("melee only", for example) is not something a Mod should be doing. This isn't true for directly harmful behavior - spamming the chat (which distracts players, takes space otherwise used by meaningful messages and obstructs the screen on lower resolutions), harassing other members, being toxic and so on and so forth.

New Blues wrote:
I never saw you banning for a legit reason.
Just because you aren't personally a witness to something doesn't make it false. I was appointed to be Mod because I proved my worth and was seen as someone who knows how to judge people accordingly. I can only assume that is the case because I view both Lunatic (who requested I become Mod) and Gurt (who approved the request) to be reasonable men; they saw the way I behaved prior to getting the role and apparently liked something about it. It's not because my eyes are pretty or my smile wide. If I do something wrong I encourage them to take my Mod rights away.
New Blues wrote:
Let's talk about "banning because he has under 20 ping" ?
Let's talk about that. Communication is key, after all. The reference is to the period of time in which Qndre (now known as SYNAPTIC I believe) broke chat rules by spamming the word "ez" and was toxic towards other members of the server (I apologize for only bringing one piece of evidence to the table, it was Santa Claus and Zere who were in charge of the situation at the time). He was already banned once before I entered the picture. I was brought up to snuff on the details and, seeing how he continued to behave the way he did, decided he was not fit to continue playing on our server. Here is a message I sent to Gurt explaining the case from my point of view. Gurt asked me not to share private conversations with other members but since I initiated the conversation and the message is mine I am willing to take full responsibility for whatever happens as a result.
KliPeH wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 pm
Sent: 10 Apr 2017, 21:26
Recipient: Gurt

Hi,

I was made aware that Qndre (Smokin' Dope) has been a repeated offender of the "behave in chat" rule. He's been banned once, and for showing similar behavior has been banned by me again earlier today. He came back with another account called Qndre2. We (the staff on the Discord server, along with 2 of your mods) could not talk any sense into him no matter how hard we tried. We spent half an hour explaining to him why he was banned and why he cannot return, but he kept chanting the same mantra over and over again without ever stopping. It truly is hard to fight a person deliberately refusing to listen to any logic or reason.

A few minutes ago he told me the server has been peaceful as of late. I asked him why he knew this, or how he could possibly know without getting unbanned. I then went in-game and found his second duplicate, (TFK) Marcus48 (Marcus62), and banned it immediately.

[...]
If the message seems vague to you, that's because it sort of is. I didn't want to bother Gurt with needless detail as it is our duty to moderate the server when he's not around and also our complete responsibility. I just wanted to let him know what's happening; Qndre circumvented a ban three times by that point. We tried talking to him through our Discord server (which I am no longer a part of, so pardon me for not being able to share the chat logs) - ALL of us, not only me - but he wouldn't listen. Are Santa and Zere also unfit to Mod? It seems like they're of the same opinion as myself on Qndre's matter.

The "banning people under 20 ping" thing: I was told Qndre gets exactly 17 ping on Gurt's server; no more, no less. And, seeing how Qndre circumvented a ban 3 times at that point, with no reason to stop in sight, I decided to go on a witch hunting quest and ban people who I didn't recognize as regulars (I was playing a lot at the time), and who played with exactly 17 ping on the server - no more, no less. I didn't ban members with less than 20 ping based on whim alone, only those who played with a solid, unchanging 17. I had a member join in and play with 16 ping, who I didn't ban. I think I banned a total of 3 or 4 members that day. Looking back at it, I realize just how wrong that way of conduct was, but it was the only way to "effectively" recognize members - with no access to IP addresses, ISPs or e-mails (which we use on the forum) on the Mods' part. I should've not done that and I openly admit it.

Qndre was banned a couple of days ago after clearly trying to provoke server members by, again, writing "ez" at the end of every single match he won. You were there, you remember. Santa and I were talking about that through Whispers in-game, Whispers to which I don't have access to (but I'm sure Gurt does). He was basically telling me that Qndre is trying to piss people off, a thing I honestly didn't even bother to remember from Qndre's last ban a few months ago. I told him to ban him if he can confirm SYNAPTIC's identity, to which Santa replied that he can but doesn't want him to retaliate - rightfully so, as we were told not to chase after unbanned members or regulars who try to mask their identity any longer. I took initiative and simply banned him myself. I then jokingly said in chat "thank you for finally banning him"; I obviously didn't mean to make it look like Santa was in the wrong and I later told him to let Qndre know that as well.

I take responsibility for my actions; I banned Qndre again because he is a dysfunctional member of the server and I don't want toxic people like him around, as simple as that. You don't get to break rules so many times without consequence, not if you're not showing any signs of improvement.

New Blues wrote:
You're pissing people off because you can't do your job correctly. You're trying to harass people (ffs you only have to check some topics on the forums to see how you're abusing your moderator rights) and we can't replicate without getting a ban. Why ? Because, you don't know how to respect other people's opinions. You think you're the only one who got a brain,a conscience, and that's why you're being a scrub.

"i'm not abusing my rights" you'll say. [...] If someone tell you his opinion about you and you don't like it,you're simply banning him.
The burden of proof is on you, with such a great claim. I have never harassed a forum member and never personally attacked a forum member that wasn't within reason or context of discussion. This is the internet, where everyone gets to enjoy the veil of anonymity; people feel the need to act aggressively because there's no consequence to it, and sometimes fighting aggression or ignorance with counter-aggression is the way to go about making a point. I have never banned someone simply for their opinion either. Show me examples of me doing so; I'm all ears. I can also tell you exactly which members of the community (incidentally also a part of Discord servers you're in) brainwash you to think I am, and playing victim is already a part of their routine so I won't bother trying to fight it. I too can come up with claims against me I will have a hard time disproving ("I can't bring you proof because you're a Mod and you're deleting it from the forum"), that doesn't make them any truer.

You refuse to listen the other side of the argument. You listen to people who have personal grudges against me, like Fake Plastic Trees (oKoKoK, also banned multiple times from Gurt's server and our Discord server for similar reasons) and Rusty Cage (a server Mod that never did any modding and who I got kicked out of the team), but don't listen to me.

You can never truly understand someone else if you dehumanize them to such a degree, simply because of the authority they have.

New Blues wrote:
You are,because you're a mod we can't talk honestly with you.
Honestly, that's really sad to hear. It's a shame if you feel this way, a greater shame if other people feel this way but don't express it. Our sole purpose isn't to "kill your fun", it's simply to maintain order. We're human, too; we have feelings and go through hardships. We can help and sometimes need to be helped as well. If you have a problem you can come talk with us, and likewise, if we have a problem we may come talk to you. If it's regarding a violation of a rule, we aren't required to; the forum warning system is there for a reason. We might, but we probably won't because there are dozens of people like you and we can't talk to each one of them. With that said, the PM system is there; warnings are sent in the form of a private message, a message you can directly reply to and the reply sent to the Moderator personally. Our Discord servers and inboxes are there. If you have a problem you can message us and I guarantee you it won't fall on deaf ears.

I have sent countless messages to other forum members regarding issues I was having with them, whether because I felt they were being a bit too disrespectful but not enough to warrant a warning, or because they were doing something I received complaints about - like impersonating other forum users or stealing their content. Sometimes I send "I'm not telling you this as a Mod" messages, the people reading this might've received one at some point too. We know how to talk; we need to know how to talk. We don't use this skill only to argue with you, but that's what you see because people violating rules are the ones who receive all the attention. We too have private lives and we too cannot sit there all day talking with you about this and that. Sometimes a simple "warn this user" button is all you need to do your work.

New Blues wrote:
Later on the day I got a ban because I didn't answer you question. Wooow! What a reason to ban people!
You got banned because of reasons already stated by me previously in this thread.
KliPeH wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm
Spamming chat, stalling the game and teaming up against other players.
I asked you which of the 5 members of the ones we are looking to ban you are, a question you refused to answer because you knew you were going to get banned. You admitted so yourself. Had you not been one of the 5 I would have not banned you. Santa was convinced you were the OH BABY A TRIPLE member in the video and I Whispered him one last time to make sure it was you before I banned you. It wasn't hard to come to the conclusion I just gave you, even logical to do so, yet you decided to play victim again because it is easier. Get rid of the habit.

New Blues wrote:
How can you contribute to a game you play once a year, without knowing anything about it.
Ah, the return of the classic "I don't see you do it so that means you don't" fallacy. I shouldn't be arguing against this because it's an ignorant argument to make, but I'll do it anyway because I'm a provocative dumbass: I don't play the game as seldom as you think I am. I play it every couple of weeks or months, simply because I grew out of it. It happens with videogames, you know? You getting bored of them eventually. Understand that playing a videogame is not a requirement for managing a people or a community. I have already addressed this in the past so read that if you're still concerned.

New Blues wrote:
So, for simplicity, you're someone who does not care about people's opinions, abuses their rights, tries to annoy people, and does not know how to moderate a server and even less a forum.
1) Your opinions are welcome but are mostly irrelevant to me as a Mod. I don't need to care about your opinion to enforce punishment on clearly violated rules, such as spamming the chat in-game or posting a clan thread that doesn't meet our requirements on the forum. I can agree with your opinion but be forced to remove it/warn you based on the fact you put it forward too bluntly or something anyway.

2) Burden of proof of user right abusing, again, on you. I get a feeling you're not talking only about the forum, but that's what I'm going to talk about because this is the only platform that matters in this context; you get a warning if you break a rule and your post gets removed. If you create a duplicate account on the forum you get warned once, then if you do that again your newly-made duplicates are banned along with your main account. We've had trouble with users creating duplicate accounts in the past and the devs agreed we need to do something to stop that from happening again (your proof is in a Mod-only forum and I'm not sure I'm allowed to share that, so you'll have to trust me on this one). If you need help recovering an account, send the devs an e-mail or add one of the Mods (including yours truly) on Discord. Other than that, everything I just said sounds entirely reasonable to me.

3) "Annoying" is subjective. If you're annoyed by strict rules and enforcement with an iron fist it's your problem. Like I said, you want to play, play by the rules. Or simply leave, that's also an option. I'm not supposed to drive people away as a Mod, but some things just need to be said; if you don't like order we're not going to get along.

New Blues wrote:
You judge people on a whim, and after you ban. I do not know how you managed to become a moderator on this forum, but shit, be nice with people. [...] You can ban me for that, since this is the only thing you know how to do.
Or we could talk it out, a thing I also know how to do. You wonder why people are being disrespectful towards you, this is your answer. Don't jump to these conclusions. Again, Mods are people. Of course I didn't have to write this long ass post, but I wanted to because I prefer to dispel any misunderstandings we may still have between us. You would have certainly not been banned over a "fuck you"; people are banned over disrespect only if they're clearly trolling (I'm sorry, I fucking love this screencap, it fits Lunatic so well) or if being disrespectful is something they do routinely (like Sree, mentioned in a previous reply by Tom Th3 Assasin). Besides, I think I can count the amount of users banned permanently from the forum over disrespect on one hand.

I would have loved to write some witty conclusion about all this but I already said everything I wanted to say. It was tiresome, I will admit. I hope you've made it this far, and if you did all I can do is congratulate you and hope you've learned something new from this. Let's solve the issues between us (and not only you and me, all of us) like grown ups. Your thread won't be locked and you won't be banned, if there's something else on your mind go ahead and say it (as long as you're being cool about it, otherwise you're breaking rules and you know what happens then :eyes:).
5 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Oh, damn. I apologise for being a bit "forward" lol I didn't understand the situation fully enough. Also you can kick/ban for teaming if warned before. Well that's what Blurry told me, I think. I may need to re-read his message. I already informed New Blues about that.
1 x
-EvilsackBut I want to see the results.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

New Blues
Fighter
Fighter
Title: lmao boi
SFD Account: DissidentRaptor
SFD Alias: Psyko Sauce/Psyko Salsa
Started SFD: Since 2014
Post by New Blues » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Well,I can understand.
I'm sorry.
But,I don't know...for me,getting a permanent ban on my favorite server because i spammed the chat (since i'm not the only one to do that, like you see,you can copy/paste a sentence on sfd to hide the chat,and i when i'm here i never saw a guy getting a ban for that.)
We were playing on blurry's this night like 5 hours (we don't have lives) and we totally forgot that we were on blurry's.
For the SYNAPTIC's thing,I'm not sure to understand,"ez" is harassing yes, but that's totally allowed it you don't spam it (heh), I've seen many people doing it close to moderators on blurry's.
I was not worried about that ban but i'm IP-BANNED,so I can't use my duplicates (?).
I think I will ask Blurry to unban me like in a month or something, I don't think spamming chat very matter (i'm tired of playing in "Melle Islend entren pls :v :v :v xdd" server).

good continuation.
1 x
lmao u got wr8kt boi (if u're kilipaleh ur not wr8kted u're noscoped m9)

KliPeH
Title: 2v1 rat noob no cheat mele >:v
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:08 pm
Also you can kick/ban for teaming if warned before. Well that's what Blurry told me, I think. I may need to re-read his message.
No, New Blues is absolutely right; it is unfair to enforce a rule that doesn't exist, especially if new players and their behavior are concerned. How are they supposed to know it's not allowed when the Mods aren't around? Whether this makes it into the ruleset or not is out of my control. I would have certainly put it there myself, as I used to when I hosted SFD regularly, but as long as it is not there I refuse to take action against those who team up against others. I have countless reasons to ban teamers, whether it's because the game already differentiates between teams and independent players thus having its intentions with a "deathmatch" be very clear, or because teamers have an objective body-count advantage over individual players and get more resources/gain more map control together. Still, I won't enforce an "etiquette".

If the owner doesn't include the rule into the description (we have a script for rules too, although it's not being used for some reason), maybe they want it to be this way and stay this way themselves. Who's to say "teaming" is a no-no but "camping" is? Neither have official rules against them and both are allowed through the game's mechanics. If you want this as a rule I certainly support you, and this is the platform upon which you can request such a change to be a thing. In other words, ready your pitchforks and prepare for the raid on Gurt's inbox.

New Blues wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:30 pm
But,I don't know...for me,getting a permanent ban on my favorite server because i spammed the chat (since i'm not the only one to do that, like you see,you can copy/paste a sentence on sfd to hide the chat,and i when i'm here i never saw a guy getting a ban for that.)
[...]
I was not worried about that ban but i'm IP-BANNED,so I can't use my duplicates (?).
SFD doesn't have a concept of temporary bans. A ban is a single command and after it is executed it only has a single purpose - to prevent you from playing again. A kick lasts for 2 minutes, so you could argue it's a "temporary ban", but it's a very weak one at that. It's a timeout, really; an ineffective "sit in the corner and think about what you did". Even if I wanted to ban you temporarily I would have not been able to do so, as a /ban can only be permanent (for the time being). If this is a consolation, I banned one of your other clanmates the same night, so you're not the only one.

Don't worry though, you're not banned "forever". Gurt has your back; he clears the list every week or two, last I heard. You'll be back and playing in no time. Huzzah for all bans being temporary!

New Blues wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:30 pm
For the SYNAPTIC's thing,I'm not sure to understand,"ez" is harassing yes, but that's totally allowed it you don't spam it (heh), I've seen many people doing it close to moderators on blurry's.
Qndre wasn't banned for harassment this time around. The whole "ez" thing is simply spam. He was saying it after every round, and not only that, it's quite the toxic thing to say too - devaluing your opponents' efforts in such a manner, while putting yourself on a pedestal. Anything is spam if said long enough, although not quite as toxic as this is. I don't want you to say "gg" every time a game ends, or use some smiley like "xD" or ":)". Not only does it not make sense (not every game is good, and neither is every game "funny"), it's unnecessary and obtuse. While the other moderators will probably hesitate to warn for the latter, I am willing to take it a step further and warn members who have these habits too. Nobody likes that one player screaming "XD" at the top of their lungs every match, and I'm no different.
3 x

Illusion
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Arcangel Lucifer

Post by Illusion » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm not sure how to feel about this clan, but, good luck, i guess
0 x
Are you sure that you saw me here? Illusion#0770

Alexbra25
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Boring
SFD Account: Alexbra25
SFD Alias: Alexbro | Alecks
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.6

Post by Alexbra25 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

I'm curious to know what kind of... clan is this.
good luck btw xd
0 x
Love will tear us apart

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Unbeatable
SFD Account: Jak Mike
Started SFD: 5 months ago

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Refresh post
0 x