Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

there's some way to modify the classic superfighters?

Here you can discuss other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
camicolor13322
Meatbag
there's some way to modify the classic superfighters?

Post by camicolor13322 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:48 pm

hello
i am a software engineering student and i would like to use the classic superfighters for my final project,i would like to add functions and/or characters and imply that a great game does not always need graphics from another world,i am aware of the copyright and all the entails,so i would just like to present it as an example giving all the credit for for you.
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:22 pm

I'm not sure if this is legit or how they did it, but i found this video on YouTube: Superfighters 1.3 hack
Looks like it might be possible. There exist other videos as well, but most are just texture replacements or hackedfighters.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: It's possible to edit Superfighters as well as any other Flash game. There are some tools which can decompile almost any (flash)game; However you're going against Mythologic Interactive's Terms of Use. You shouldn't do anything till devs approve it or release the Source Code.

A while ago Gurt said he would like to Open Source SF, but not for now..
Gurt wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 pm
I'm not against the idea of open sourcing the original SF flash game but I don't think it's time for that yet. [..]
But all browsers won't support anymore Adobe Flash Player within next year, so I don't really know when devs will do it; my guess is for the next year.
1 x

alfred00
Meatbag

Post by alfred00 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I wanted to do that months ago because me and my brother are fans of this game we play it 24/7 but it gets boring at certain point, so we wanted to "modify" the game but I know nothing about software engineering, and I would absolutely be thankful if you could send me a beta of your finial work, it would be from a fan too another fan :p
0 x

Tio Aracnido
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: juliocasas

Post by Tio Aracnido » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:10 pm

There are some tutorials in youtube but some are in spanish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzALv-W ... k5dWJSn3u2 (Tutorials)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVpQc0 ... Ir9Uu_lOKd (The programs you need and some videos related to SF mods)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ9XOCQ ... 0Ix4AHRnKm (more SF mods)
This might be illegal but there were some trheads in the old forums with people asking the devs for permission and they said it was okay as long as they especified that this was a mod of the original game.
i found some interesting things while decompiling the game ;)
0 x