New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Make sure to read the rules.
RULE NR 3 UPDATED: Don't hurt, harass or provoke other forum members or people.

Script Requesting

Share questions and tutorials related to the ScriptAPI and give suggestions for new functions you want to see.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
CrazyDuck
Meatbag

Script Requesting

Post by CrazyDuck » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't know how to write scripts at all , So I hope to have a player that good at scripting can help me write a small script
If someone could help me , i will be able to finish my map . thank you guys!
The Scripts i need will resurrect the player on the body 5 seconds after he dead, and remove dead bodies from Resurrection, and if the body disappears, he will not be resurrected. And the script is in the form of public void, because I want to use it on the map instead of using it independently
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 pm

CrazyDuck wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm
I don't know how to write scripts at all , So I hope to have a player that good at scripting can help me write a small script
The Scripts i need will resurrect the player on the body 5 seconds after he dead, and remove dead bodies from Resurrection, and if the body disappears, he will not be resurrected. And the script is in the form of public void, because I want to use it on the map instead of using it independently
Before I can start the code I need to ask you if the player have to resurrect in the same position he died and if the script needs to start at game start.

Then I want to precise that "public void form" as you say doesn't automatically makes a script for a map or indipendent, in particular the public keyword allows to declare if the code needs to be visible on more "levels" that's why when you trigger some script from game objects we use public instead of leaving it blank or giving it private.
0 x

CrazyDuck
Meatbag

Post by CrazyDuck » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 pm
CrazyDuck wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm
Before I can start the code I need to ask you if the player have to resurrect in the same position he died and if the script needs to start at game start.

Then I want to precise that "public void form" as you say doesn't automatically makes a script for a map or indipendent, in particular the public keyword allows to declare if the code needs to be visible on more "levels" that's why when you trigger some script from game objects we use public instead of leaving it blank or giving it private.
Thank you for reply,
Yes, I need to make it work at the beginning of the game
I don't need it to work on more levels, but on a particular map
The place where I need players to resurrect is changeable, and where their bodies are moved, he'll be resurrected there unless his body is destoryed or removed
Thank you very much for helping me
:D
0 x