Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

AlterCollisionTile able to change Fire and Explosion hit

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
AlterCollisionTile able to change Fire and Explosion hit

Post by Jovani » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:56 am

When I use AlterCollisionTile with this configuration to convert objects such as barrels, tables, crates, etc., in background tiles form, it does not work with wheels, the wheel is in front of the player.

With other objects, this works, but there is a problem with objects that can be destroyed.
When you use fire or explosives against these objects with this AlterCollisionTile configuration, the object is destroyed by fire and explosions.
0 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: olv
SFD Alias: olv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Ol1vver » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:36 pm

it isn't a bug, you're just removing the collisions from an object. it will not in any way change their layer, ex. wheels will always be in front of the player, and walls will always be behind the player.

basically you can't turn a breakable object into unbreakable background using AltrerCollisionTile.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Fire and Explosions can only be disabled through the ScriptAPI if I recall correctly. You can also enable bitwise collisions from the ScriptAPI. AlterCollisionTile is only used to disable collision between objects directly through the map editor, not change Z-order or Fire. Will move this to the suggestion topics instead.
0 x
Gurt