Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

My mapmaker keeps crashing every 15 minutes.

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
EarthvLava17
Meatbag

My mapmaker keeps crashing every 15 minutes.

Post by EarthvLava17 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 am

Alright, so my mapmaker keeps crashing every 15 minutes, and i don't really know why, there was no cause for the crash as well, also sometimes when i'm about to save, then before the last moment it crashes, any way to fix this? :?:
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 am

Updatd to the Alpha 1.3.4c version
0 x
Gurt

EarthvLava17
Meatbag

Post by EarthvLava17 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 am

Gurt wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 am
Updatd to the Alpha 1.3.4c version
I did update to Alpha 1.3.4c
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 pm

EarthvLava17 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 am
Alright, so my mapmaker keeps crashing every 15 minutes, and i don't really know why, there was no cause for the crash as well, also sometimes when i'm about to save, then before the last moment it crashes, any way to fix this? :?:
After using the map editor myself recently I noticed it crashes after roughly 15 minutes after opening the ScriptAPI via the script window using Mozilla Firefox (my default internet browser).
The windows log:
► Show Spoiler
What I can track down is that it's related to some sound drivers oddly enough.
Similar problems (and possible solutions):
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/73 ... fix-Forums
https://github.com/sharpdx/SharpDX/issues/532
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/i ... games.html

I don't know why this only happens for me after opening the ScriptAPI via the script window using Firefox. I'm just guessing it's some deeper bug in windows when using XNA with Windows Forms and starting other processes in certain situations - and we can't fix this. The solution is simple for me - avoid opening the ScriptAPI via the script window and I can use the editor for hours :) (or open the scriptAPI and then restart SFD).

Your problem might be different. Next time SFD crash please check your windows logs in the windows Event Viewer.
- Open in in the run prompt (windows + R) by typing "eventvwr" and press enter.
- Select "Windows Logs" in the left tree.
- Select "Application" under "Windows Logs" in the left tree.
- See if you can see any "Error" log and if it's part of SFD.
- Paste it into this thread.
0 x
Gurt