Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Selecting custom map bug

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Selecting custom map bug

Post by Splinter » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 pm

When you go to the Host Options screen, you can select the map category: "Versus (official)", "Survival (official)", "custom", "all custom maps" and "all maps". When I select "custom" and scroll down the list of maps, some of the custom maps I have don't show up there. If I try to select it via game commands (for example: /map forest), nothing happens either.

There's also another bug which might be related: when I choose the "all custom maps" category, only a few maps show up on the list, about 8 of them.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Only all non-template maps show up. You also need to restart the game if you download new maps (or move around map files) for them to show up correctly.
0 x
Gurt

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:26 am

Gurt wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:39 pm
Only all non-template maps show up. You also need to restart the game if you download new maps (or move around map files) for them to show up correctly.
Oh, so "all custom maps" refers to maps whose game mode is set to "custom"? Like this:

That makes sense now, but it's a bit confusing for new players. Maybe you could rename "all custom maps" to "custom game mode".

Yes, I restarted the game but nothing changed. But I think I made a mistake, there's actually only one map that's not appearing there, as far as I know. It's this specific map, if you want to test: https://we.tl/C9KF8jEkNp

The map shows up and works in the editor, so I checked the map name there: "clock part 1" something. But when I host and type "/map clock part" still nothing happens.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:54 am

That specific map you link to is a template map (will say "Template: Yes" if you double-click on it) - they only show up in the map editor. You need to save it as a non-template map by opening it in the map editor and select "Save As Map".
Template maps purpose is to be some kind of experiment playground for any map maker to just copy/paste things into or play around with without it showing up as a playable map.

For the release version of the game we have already added a few more categories when selecting maps, one being "All maps" which lists ALL maps, no matter the map type / game mode.
2 x
Gurt