Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Game crashing after wave 3 on Zombie Nightmare

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Game crashing after wave 3 on Zombie Nightmare

Post by Splinter » Mon May 04, 2020 5:38 am

After I complete wave 3 on Zombie Nightmare, I vote to continue, the game freezes for about 3 seconds on the loading screen and it just closes. For more details: I was in offline mode.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 pm

I am unable to repeat this. Makes me think it might be an isolated event. Does it happen every time?
0 x
Gurt

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Splinter » Wed May 06, 2020 12:09 am

I tested it yesterday and it happened 3 or 4 times in a row. But today, I tested it twice and it didn't happen at all. Is there some more info I can share to help? I have footage of the game freezing, where you can check my inventory, health, etc, I don't know if that could have anything to do with it. I assume it's something with the wave spawns, if there actually is a bug, because it only happened when loading wave 4.

Edit: this time it happened again but on wave 5. The map loaded, but the game froze when the iris wipe thing was happening, then the game just closed.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Splinter » Thu May 07, 2020 7:59 pm

@Gurt I played zombie nightmare yesterday for a while and it didn't crash at all. Weird... in one day, it crashes 3 or 4 times in a row on the same wave, and then it doesn't happen again... Maybe it was a Windows update that was causing it?
0 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu May 07, 2020 8:17 pm

I dunno. Maybe the .NET runtime wasn't yet optimized, which windows might be doing in the background shortly after an update. Dunno.
0 x
Gurt