Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Unbearable dedicated lag for ~15 seconds after loading map

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: olv
SFD Alias: olv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Unbearable dedicated lag for ~15 seconds after loading map

Post by Ol1vver » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:05 am

I sometimes run a server using dedicated, even without any scripts it lags for approximately 15 seconds (Including GUI, making it unusable for that period of time) every time a map is loaded. Seems like I'm the only one experiencing this on multiple computers. It only happens if there are at least 2 players in the server.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Is it FPS lag or network lag?
If it's FPS I have no idea what's causing it.
If it's network lag it sounds like you're being throttled for some time after loading has occured. Maybe you can try to create a map with basically only 1 tile as a solid floor and see if it's equally laggy as loading, let's say, the carnival versus map.
0 x
Gurt