Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[CANCELLED] Planned feature: Body armor

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Re: Shield powerup/ A secondary health

Post by RickAvory » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:20 am

StarNord wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:54 am
jlo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm
Maybe like a shield thing where for a limited amount of time the shield will protect you, not as if it will take like every shot, it will reduce the amount of damage you take, and maybe if we could have shield, but yeah I'm not getting into battle royale theme lmao lmk what you guys think
Yeah, I am getting the whole BR vibe with your choice of phrasing, but I think body armour is a better, more suiting name for such a powerup, though I think this has already been suggested multiple times before.
Cabo_Fiambre wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:26 pm
The strenght boost kinda added that mechanic but it would be a really cool idea to have a separate item that gives you like a second life (one that drains quickly than the real life bar just to make it balanced).
I don't think armour is a very good idea if it's anything but a limited time powerup, since that way it will give you an advantage in every combat situation, whereas ranged power-weapons only give you an advantage in ranged encounters and so on, but with armour, you will have an advantage no matter the situation...

I think if something like armour was added to the game it should lessen projectile and/or explosive damage and not affect melee damage, since to the SFD community, melee is this sacred bastion of skill that should never be tampered with!
It should be an object that could be picked up similar to a health pack, and it should function similar to the suit in Half Life 2 where the armour and the players health get depleted at the same time, however the amount of health lost is decreased.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:55 pm

I always imagined shields in SFD to work like they do in Borderlands 2 (without the regeneration, of course). Upon picking up a shield, it essentially acts like extra health as opposed to outright blocking bullets or nerfing the damage dealt to the player in general. Shields could be implemented as a third bar in the HUD next to health and stamina and there could also be different levels of shield (like there are in Borderlands 2); for reference, here is how a shield in BL2 looks:

The shield bar acts like a second health bar and all its HP has to be depleted before the player's actual health begins to deplete. Some shields in the game come with added perks like a chance of setting enemies on fire, but I doubt a mechanic like that would be suited to SFD. I also suggest that a player with a shield powerful gets a speed debuff (only a small one, like 0.9x or 0.85x at the very slowest) to combat the fact that they have more health than everybody else.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Pricey wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:55 pm
I always imagined shields in SFD to work like they do in Borderlands 2 (without the regeneration, of course). Upon picking up a shield, it essentially acts like extra health as opposed to outright blocking bullets or nerfing the damage dealt to the player in general. Shields could be implemented as a third bar in the HUD next to health and stamina and there could also be different levels of shield (like there are in Borderlands 2); for reference, here is how a shield in BL2 looks:

The shield bar acts like a second health bar and all its HP has to be depleted before the player's actual health begins to deplete. Some shields in the game come with added perks like a chance of setting enemies on fire, but I doubt a mechanic like that would be suited to SFD. I also suggest that a player with a shield powerful gets a speed debuff (only a small one, like 0.9x or 0.85x at the very slowest) to combat the fact that they have more health than everybody else.
Similar to 🅱️ortnite. Kinda opposed to that though. Feel like it doesn’t really make sense if it’s just armour. If it is a power up then yeah. But I imaged it to be a wearable armour.
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst