Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Accounts - Name white while not logged in

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Accounts - Name white while not logged in

Post by Splinter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Sometimes when you're not logged in, your name still appears white in some servers, although your account name doesn't appear when hovering the mouse over your name on the scoreboard.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think sometimes the opposite happens too: you're logged in, but your name is grayed out in the scoreboard and people can't see your account name, even though some players in the same server have white names.
4 x
Hold your breath.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:36 pm

The host can choose whether they want to use the account system on their server or not. If they choose not to, all names will be grey - signifying that everybody can play, they're equal, there's no distinction between those who are logged in and those who aren't. If the host enables such distinction, some will be white (those who are logged in) and some will be grey (those who are not logged in). At times, hosts will require all players to be logged in, in which case all names will be white (grey are not able to get into the lobby). The setting the host is using does not show up for the regular player so the lobby list can be quite varied in that regard.
0 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:10 pm

KliPeH wrote:The host can choose whether they want to use the account system on their server or not. If they choose not to, all names will be grey - signifying that everybody can play, they're equal, there's no distinction between those who are logged in and those who aren't. If the host enables such distinction, some will be white (those who are logged in) and some will be grey (those who are not logged in). At times, hosts will require all players to be logged in, in which case all names will be white (grey are not able to get into the lobby). The setting the host is using does not show up for the regular player so the lobby list can be quite varied in that regard.
I know, but sometimes I'm logged in and I'm in a server where some players have white names (and shows their account names) but mine is still gray. It still says on the main menu "Logged in as: Splinter".
1 x
Hold your breath.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:55 am

Sometimes I see players with white name, but when I hover over their nicknames, it doens't show any account. I've not seen the opposite yet, as Splinter said, but it probably happens too.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Fixed some rendering problems related to logged in status and scoreboard name colors in the next update.
It can happen that you're logged out from the server for various reasons. The current version only performs a one-time login check at startup and if you're logged in you will see yourself as "logged in" for the remaining time the game is running. This will be improved after Alpha 1.1.1b to show the status from the last heartbeat performed to the server instead of only showing the status at startup.
1 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Noble wrote:Sometimes I see players with white name, but when I hover over their nicknames, it doens't show any account. I've not seen the opposite yet, as Splinter said, but it probably happens too.
I believe this happens to people who use the same nickname for both their fighter and their account. That way the same name doesn't show twice, essentially. I might be wrong about that though.
1 x