Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Frequent crashes in the main menu because of the title music

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Frequent crashes in the main menu because of the title music

Post by Splinter » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:20 am

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but my game is crashing a lot since 1.3.3. I think it's only happening in the lobby/main menu though, and only when I leave a server or the main menu loads for the first time after starting up the game, so maybe it's a problem with the background "demo" map loading?

I'm not alt-tabbing or anything, by the way.

Edit: This crash report just appeared, it seems to be related to the new mp3 title theme.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am

Yes, I had this issue ONCE,but I didn't think much of it because as soon as i restarted the game after ending all related processes, it didn't happen again. However, for some reason ever since this update came, I've repeatedly been disconnected from servers, again and again, with the message 'Loading canceled.' I rejoined back, and my ping was way under the limit(200/500). Then, I continued to load, but repeatedly at 70% to 85%, I kept stopping. And when a new game started, I remained at 0% and was cancelled. Not sure if this is related to this or needs a different post...
(Sorry if it needs a new post)
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 pm

I've been getting a hell of a lot more crashes recently, and usually it's because the game can't find the effect "HIT", [Player] unequipped weapon of type "Melee" is normally included in the crash report along side it, I'll edit the post with a screenshot when it crashes next.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Fixed after Alpha 1.3.3.
Due to a (very old) bug the title music has always been played twice. With the new playback library sometimes disposing the previously stream while opening the new one causes the problem. We recently noticed this ourselves.
If you can't start SFD at all or enter the main menu without crashing try to delete the Title.mp3 file as a workaround.
1 x
Gurt