Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Unintentional grab after reloading and sheathing weapon

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Unintentional grab after reloading and sheathing weapon

Post by Splinter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:59 am

If you quickly sheathe your weapon after realoding, you do an unintentional grab. I use the same key for reloading and grabbing, by the way. However, I guarantee that I had already released the R key (grab and reload) before I pressed Q (sheathe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZupC0HKqM
2 x
Hold your breath.

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am

Woah, that's pretty damn smart, replacing the grab with reload, No wonder you're a part of the LM

But it's hard to tell just from gameplay, that you released the R key before pressing Q, And yes, while i do take your word for it, you need to be a bit more concrete.

Here's a software that allows you to see what keys you're pressing by displaying them on screen, this is only one of the many applications on the internet so if you don't like it or it doesn't work then you can look up another.

And not to mention, showing the timing will aid in squashing the bug.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 pm

This is pretty much by design. See it as you're aborting the reload to perform the grab.
You can keybind every action to the same key in SFD - nothing prevents you - but you will get unexpected results from doing that. Like climbing down + jump from ladders to the same key. I don't know the actual end result. Perhaps you will jump a tiny bit before starting to slide down the ladder.
This is the same problem. You have the reload+grab action to the same key. Some actions (like grab) are queued for a small amount of time in order to execute smoother between stuns and whatnot.
Update: As we're in the phase of testing different combinations of actions to the same key to support gamepads better we will most likely prevent grab from being queued if you're equipped with a ranged weapon - preventing the unintentional grab.
Update 2: If grab/reload is on the same key grab will no longer be queued if you have any ranged or throwable weapons equipped.
1 x
Gurt