Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Server Memory Usage showing n/a

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Server Memory Usage showing n/a

Post by Kers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:32 am

Beta v.1.0.2.c

Server Status - Memory usage:
n/a: instance "superfighter deluxe#7" does not exist in the specified category
or
n/a: instance "superfighter deluxe#8" does not exist in the specified category

It works sometimes but then after a while all server shows up this message regardless official maps or custom maps. Even if no one ever joins the server, it still has this message. I guess maybe once one server crashes, it messes up the tracking mechanism?

Also I set all my servers to restart at 19:00. It works maybe once or twice and then no restart at all.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Memory usage fixed after Beta 1.0.2c.
The memory tracker is using windows monitors and I though you only had to access the correct one once but I guess windows is recreating them from time to time. It turns out the monitors use some sort of global reusable identifiers. Closing any one server can cause later started servers to read from the wrong server instance (as they still read from the original identifier) and the last started server will get the "n/a" tracker.
1 x
Gurt