Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Odd Design

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Odd Design

Post by StarNord » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:07 am

I've been working on a texture pack and I decided to retexture the water, the water I textured was alot more blue than water looks in the game and this happened...

Sorry for the horrible quality it was a quick screenshot that I had to make smaller than 600 pixels.

At the bottom of the map the water is basically jumping out at you and looks very unappealing, turns out that this occurs even with the original water texture, it's just that it's hard to make out because SFD water is very dark.

I understand that this might be because water is all around the building, but in my opinion, the water should only go around the bit of concrete wall on the edge of the building, not around the big dark bottomless abyss underneath the level.

Also, can u tell me ur thoughts on the pack, here's a higher quality link: https://i.imgur.com/9Hl5Ffr.png , bonus points if you know which game it's from...
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am

Don't worry about it. We have already adjusted the design for the water on this specific map for the release version sometime the past 6 months.
2 x
Gurt