Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Set teams command not working properly

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Set teams command not working properly

Post by Splinter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:28 pm

I don't remember if it's only on the lobby or not, but the "/setteams" command doesn't always work. I've tested it with bots in offline mode, by the way.
1 x
Hold your breath.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:04 pm

The command will not work if you don't input all 8 digits into chat assigning each player their own team. Even if the slots are empty you still have to assign them to be Independent (0).

Here are a few examples of splitting the entire lobby into multiple teams:
/setteams 12341234
/setteams 11223344
/setteams 12121212
Alternatively, only the first few slots being assigned a team with the rest empty will look like this:
/setteams 12340000
/setteams 11220000
/setteams 12000000
Inputting less or more than 8 digits will prevent the command from working, as will accidentally using one 't' instead of two ("/seteams XXXXXXXX").

Hope this helps somewhat. I always miscalculate the amount of digits I need to input and end up wasting the command.
1 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:04 pm
...accidentally using one 't' instead of two ("/seteams XXXXXXXX").

Hope this helps somewhat. I always miscalculate the amount of digits I need to input and end up wasting the command.
Lol, relatable. It's so annoying when you accidentally type "seteams" or type like 7 digits. But yeah, I'm aware that you always have to type 8 digits, it's not working. I just tested again to make sure: I opened an offline lobby with 2 bots and typed this exactly: "/setteams 12341234" and nothing happened, the message didn't even appear on the chat. I started the game and typed it again, still nothing happened.
0 x
Hold your breath.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Splinter wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm
Lol, relatable. It's so annoying when you accidentally type "seteams" or type like 7 digits. But yeah, I'm aware that you always have to type 8 digits, it's not working. I just tested again to make sure: I opened an offline lobby with 2 bots and typed this exactly: "/setteams 12341234" and nothing happened, the message didn't even appear on the chat. I started the game and typed it again, still nothing happened.
My commands work flawlessly. Keep in mind the changes don't take effect immediately, players will be assigned their respective teams only from the consequent round.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:49 pm

Fixed after v.1.3.3.
Turns out that "/setteams" and "/shuffleteams" commands does not work in offline games at all even though it's included in the /help section. Oops.

Also doing some minor quality of life changes to the command, it will now repeat your team parameter to cover 8 digits. So typing "/setteams 0" will repeat the "0" x8 times becoming "/setteams 00000000". "/setteams 12" => "/setteams 12121212". "/setteams 1234" => "/setteams 12341234". "/setteams 123" => "/setteams 12312312" etc...
Typing too many digits (like 9 instead of 8) will cut the last digit too.
2 x
Gurt