Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Hosting error (ports)

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Paschee
Meatbag

Hosting error (ports)

Post by Paschee » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:12 am

Hi there, I dont speak english at all so dont ask me too much.
My problem is that i always played sfd hosting my server without any problems but a long time ago i started to have a problem that doesn't let me host because the port can't be set or something like that. The weird thing is that i played a long time without having problems so, any help PLS?? I know you people can find a solution D: :roll: :(
0 x

Cool Hero
Fighter
Fighter
Title: CH
Started SFD: "Pre-alpha 1.3.0 "

Post by Cool Hero » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:03 am

Have you tried to enable the ports on their own? Maybe you have a problem with the router?
0 x
Just play!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:55 pm

If it says that the "port is already in use" it means that the port is already in use and can't be used again. This can happen if SFD crashes and the process remains active. Check your task manager and kill any dead SFD processes that still remains active when you encounter this problem - that will free up the port.
0 x
Gurt

Paschee
Meatbag

Post by Paschee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 am

Cool Hero wrote:Have you tried to enable the ports on their own? Maybe you have a problem with the router?
It's something about port forwarding, you know? I try to host and it says trying to set port forwarding or something like that, before I had this problem that letters turned green saying that was all okey... I tried to open ports and that kind of things but nothing :/ im thinking to do a factory reset in my pc. Thank you anyway
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 pm

See port-forwarding tutorials here on the forum and on the internet. SFD uses port 52233 UDP/TCP.
0 x
Gurt