Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Pistons machine still not ruthless

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Escape machine in pistons (still a bug)

Post by Splinter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 am

Same as https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... ons#p10058.
I just saw that happen playing with alex, you can still escape the gibbing machine (he escaped the left one) by rolling on the corner. :(
0 x
Hold your breath.

Lampone
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Lampone » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm

In the map Pistons, players still happen to escape the machines even since the update 1.2.0.

When they do, they spawn outside the map on the left side, and then spawn back in the machine to get out safe and sound.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

I have seen this myself and the only conclusion I have come up with is that they use some sort of cheat engine to temporarily teleport themselves outside of the map and then back again. You start to wonder why this only happens in a dangerous zone you can't get out of and not anywhere else in the game.
0 x
Gurt

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:15 pm

This has happened to me and many others who I can confirm do not have Cheat Engine installed, let alone use it in such a cowardly way. If it were a simple matter of cheating, you really would have to wonder why it doesn't happen in any other instance; you don't see people teleporting out of the way of any other form of danger. I implore you to look deeper into this bug (because it's a bug).
0 x
i got wozen fever

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Sometime in Pre-Alpha
Post by ClockworkDice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 pm

This happens enough that if you get the timing right you can do it almost every time. Usually jumping in right after an item has spawned but before it drops will see you falling through.

EDIT: I also don't use any form of cheating to do this. It's just a problem with the map as far as I can tell.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 pm

UPDATE: Fixed to the release version of the game. Teleporting objects won't make players teleport along with them on the server side for a few frames now.
Wozenbelt wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:15 pm
This has happened to me and many others who I can confirm do not have Cheat Engine installed, let alone use it in such a cowardly way. If it were a simple matter of cheating, you really would have to wonder why it doesn't happen in any other instance; you don't see people teleporting out of the way of any other form of danger. I implore you to look deeper into this bug (because it's a bug).
Thanks for the additional comment. I have always stopped my thought of process at the possibility that the user used a cheat engine for this kind of trick. If I eliminate cheating as a possibility there must be a bug somewhere in the code as you say. So I probed the code through my mind and all the different logical layers as far as I could recall its structure and perceived a possible logical flaw in the server logic that could cause this. To verify my own discovery I made a testmap to exploit this flaw and hosted it and could pretty easily reproduce this strange behavior. The odd thing is that whoever is seen as teleporting can't see it himself - only everyone else can see it.
Last edited by Gurt on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bug fixed - 2 years after registered! Yay!
3 x
Gurt